Google split - Schwab did it right

Options
Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Just received our 20-1 Google split -  from our Schwab account.
I seem to recall that in previous stock splits, all that was downloaded from Schwab was "additional shares" and not a real "stock split" transaction.
Well, today, I received an actual split transaction "1-.05" - didn't have to delete the Add Shares transaction, and then manually enter the Stock Split transaction..... tnx -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BUT - of course the Quicken historical pricing is wonky during the previous week of the split -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I received the same thing as you.  However the "Compare to Portfolio" indicates that the # of shares in Quicken are wrong, showing the old number - tho they are correct.
    So let's say I had 5 shares before and now I have 100.  The register's Holdings shows that I had 5 yesterday and 100 today - so far so good.  But in the Online Center > Holdings > Compare to Portfolio it shows:
    Shares reported=100, Shares in Quicken=5, Difference=95
    Validate didn't correct it.  I wonder if this will get corrected tomorrow?
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Joe7
    Joe7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    TD Ameritrade updated the split correctly too. However, when updating the Investment portfolio in Quicken, it showing the day change UP 104.18 when it should be down 2.86.
    Anyone else having this problem?
  • Greggo07
    Greggo07 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Schwab did manage to get the split processed correctly in Quicken, I show the right number of post split shares in both my Schwab Brokerage and Rollover IRA accounts. However I did a one step update this morning and the share price did not update to the price at yesterday's closing (109.03). Does it take a few days for the share price updates to kick in?
  • AWinTx
    AWinTx Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > BUT - of course the Quicken historical pricing is wonky during the previous week of the split -

Same here for both my Class A and Class C shares.

However, when I look at the stock chart for the Class C, you can see it where it shows my holdings (about 10 years) at about $6 a share, then it takes a leg down (day of split) and now it shows at $120. Changing the split date to 7/11 didn't change the chart.

On the other hand, my Class A (same holding period) shows the stock chart the way it should.

Banging my head on the wall....
  • fanfare
    fanfare Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2022
    Options
    [// removed //]
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AWinTx said:  On the other hand, my Class A (same holding period) shows the stock chart the way it should.
    I just manually go into the Quicken Price History for the specific stock
    and enter some rounded number into those pre-split days where the price reflects the POST-split pricing

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do the exact same thing when a split happens by manually correct the prices for those few days or just delete them altogether.

• Greggo07
    Greggo07 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Alphabet share price still not updating as of this morning. I also noticed that AT&T's share price is also not updating through One Step Update. I am not sure when this started.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK said:  I wonder if this will get corrected tomorrow?
    The Reconcile Shares is wonky the day of the split - it should resolve the next download day...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greggo07 said: Alphabet share price still not updating as of this morning. I also noticed that AT&T's share price is also not updating through One Step Update. I am not sure when this started.
    Might check the Security Details and the More --> Price History --> to see what the recent days are showing,
    and of course review the Security List to check for [x] Download

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    BK said:  I wonder if this will get corrected tomorrow?
    The Reconcile Shares is wonky the day of the split - it should resolve the next download day...
    Thanks for checking and I should've updated that It did resolve.

This discussion has been closed.