Schwab Download

Options
Eastwayroad
Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
Just now tried to set up my new Schwab account for download into QWin.
Total mess. The process sent all recent Schwab transactions into a completely different existing account. Ugh.
I see that I'm not the 1st to report the problem. Is this a Quicken or Schwab issue?
Any success out there?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Just now tried to set up my new Schwab account for download into QWin.
    Total mess. The process sent all recent Schwab transactions into a completely different existing account. Ugh.
    I see that I'm not the 1st to report the problem. Is this a Quicken or Schwab issue?
    Any success out there?
    Hello Eastwayroad, 

I am sorry to hear about these issues with transactions downloading to incorrect accounts. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, proceed to Tools > Account List in the same menu and click on the Edit button in the row associated with one of the affected accounts. Click on the Online Services tab in the window that appears and then click Deactivate. Do this for each of the affected accounts. 

Be sure to click the Add Account button, and proceed through the steps as you normally would, but when prompted, be sure to select LINK to an existing Quicken account, and make certain that the account information matches the account in question. 

Note you can move each the transactions to the correct account(s) if necessary by holding the Ctrl key and then clicking each of the desired transactions within the register, then right-clicking and selecting Copy or Cut Transaction(s). Next, go to the register of the account you wish to move them to and click in the register, then right-click Paste Transaction(s)

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I resolved the issue by logging into Schwab and "allowing permission for 3rd party downloads" De-activated & reactivated the Schwab account in QWin, fiddled a bit with the account linkage on my first download. Now is successfully downloading transactions.
This discussion has been closed.