Quicken Home and Business balance sheet

ShariR
ShariR Member
edited September 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I am struggling with the equity line in the balance sheet..it should be last years equity plus this years profit but it is not. I have looked at every transaction to make sure it was posted correctly. What could cause this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ShariR said:
    I am struggling with the equity line in the balance sheet..it should be last years equity plus this years profit but it is not. I have looked at every transaction to make sure it was posted correctly. What could cause this?
    Hello @ShariR

I am sorry for any confusion experienced in regards to the Equity feature. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing any adjustments or placeholders in the account register? Also, did the equity line previously display the correct number, and if so, when did this change? Be sure to save backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ShariR

It could be your "Advanced" setting.  With the report open, click in the little "Gear" icon in the upper right.  Next, in the pop-up window, select the "Advanced" tab, and deselect the "Include unrealized gains" box.

Let me know if that "fixes" your problem or answers your question.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.