Does Personal Capital Cash Acct. Work with Quicken

Options
jfclague
jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
Does Personal Capital cash acct. work with Quicken by offering acct. syncing or is it going to be a manual acct.?

Thanks

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jfclague,

My understanding is that Personal Capital is an entity that sells personal financial software, and as such is a direct competitor of Quicken.  While I am unaware of exactly what a "Personal Capital" cash account actually is, "Personal Capital" is NOT a "financial institution" that appears when one tries to add such an account in Quicken.  Or, in other words, it is highly doubtful that you can synch such account to your Quicken file.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Reading the fine print, I see the money is actually held in a UMB Bank account. If Quicken can't connect directly to Personal Capital perhaps it can access your account via UMB.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi @jfclague

Well, given that additional information, it looks like there is a possibility of connection with a UMB Bank account.  Here's a pic of the UMB entities that are available for connections in Quicken...

Let me know how that works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.