I am still having the PNC connecting issue even after being told i can get on after 10pm eastern am

Options
ronwal
ronwal Member
Not being able to connect now for over a week to PNC Bank

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ronwal,

I have a few questions:
    a) Are you a Q Mac user?
    b) What connection method are you using to connect to PnC (I expect it is Express Web Connect)?
    c) Did the bank give you the "after 10 pm" answer, or if not where did you hear that?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ronwal
    ronwal Member
    Options
    The ba k told me that
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi again @ronwal,

You may have see another thread by other users having problems with PNC downloads.  I believe that all of those use the Express Web Connect method, which is why I asked that question of you above.  Those other users are apparently still having problems.

As far as troubleshooting goes, if you haven't already, you could try resetting your connection - Here are the steps:

1) open the account register > click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right corner of the window > then select "Edit Account Details";
    2) In the pop-up window > select the "Online Services" tab;
    3) Click on the "Reset Account" button > if prompted - enter your password > click "OK" > in the next pop-up window - click the "Connect" button.
    4) In the "We found the following accounts" window - go to the "Action" column in the far right and press the down arrow, then select "Link to existing account" - by highlighting the name of the account in the drop-down list. Then click the "Next" button.  On the next screen click the "OK" button to end the "Reset" routine.

Once the reset has been done, retry to connect/download data.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ronwal
    ronwal Member
    Options
    still unable to connect PNC bank. Resetting did not work.
  • howardjk16
    howardjk16 Member
    Options
    Resetting does not work. It is a known issue with no ETA for a fix. I haven't been able to download transactions since 8/5/22, beyond frustrating.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what another financial aggregator (Personal Capital) is stating about PNC:

PNC Bank has informed us that their production environment is currently experiencing stability issues and PNC Bank has temporarily disabled access to all 3rd party aggregators, such as Personal Capital. PNC expects that this issue should be resolved by August 10th, but should this issue continue we will keep this article updated.

In the mean time please leave your accounts linked in their error state as this issue should resolve itself without your intervention.

Update: 8/11

We received an update from PNC Bank that unfortunately they expect to continue blocking traffic to their site from aggregators through the weekend. There is a small window during which aggregation refreshes may be successful, however as that time is from 10pm to 4am Eastern, this is not an ideal situation for many users. While this is a block put in place by PNC Bank, our aggregation team is still in discussion with the team at PNC and we hope there will be a resolution soon.

This discussion has been closed.