How to hide/delete prior years data

Options
PJOPHARMD
PJOPHARMD Member
I am using Quicken Deluxe and have data that goes back nearly 10 years. I want to clean it up and just have the last 5 years showing. How can I update to hide the data for > 5 years ago?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @PJOPHARMD.

You may want to look into the "archive file" process. 

To access that, go to "File" > "Backup or Copy File"; and at the bottom of the window > select "Create a year-end archive".  Please make sure that you review the explanation included on the next window.  And keep in mind that the archive file will be completely disconnected from your financial institutions going forward.  And before you perform this function, make sure that you have a good backup file made immediately before you do the archive process - just in case.

Let me know if you have any follow-ups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @PJOPHARMD.

You may want to look into the "archive file" process. 

To access that, go to "File" > "Backup or Copy File"; and at the bottom of the window > select "Create a year-end archive".  Please make sure that you review the explanation included on the next window.  And keep in mind that the archive file will be completely disconnected from your financial institutions going forward.  And before you perform this function, make sure that you have a good backup file made immediately before you do the archive process - just in case.

Let me know if you have any follow-ups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In your register use a Custom date filter. Problem with that is Quicken won't remember it and you'll have to put that date in every time you want to open an account register, for each account! I've tried for several years to get them to allow a default custom date to set and keep as a Custom Date filter but they won't make any changes. Jst as wel though, they'll just screw something else up if they tried.

Beware if you archive your info. as you cannot open it again in the existing register. The info is there but it is "locked up" so to speak.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TTSguy said:
    In your register use a Custom date filter. Problem with that is Quicken won't remember it and you'll have to put that date in every time you want to open an account register, for each account! I've tried for several years to get them to allow a default custom date to set and keep as a Custom Date filter but they won't make any changes. Jst as wel though, they'll just screw something else up if they tried.

Beware if you archive your info. as you cannot open it again in the existing register. The info is there but it is "locked up" so to speak.
    Check to see if "Remember register filters after Quicken closes" has been enabled in Edit / Preferences / Register. This option has been around for a few years.
    If you require a variable Custom End Date filter which is not available in the filter settings at this time, please do not forget to post an Idea on this matter or vote and comment on an already existing one.

This discussion has been closed.