Blank dialog box when reconciling investment account

Options
StuartG
StuartG Member ✭✭
After every update on a Fidelity investment account where there have been new transactions, I get a reconcile dialog box but with a blank title bar, blank values in the entry boxes (for Ending statement, Prior cash balance, and Ending cash balance), and 3 blank buttons at the bottom. Is there a way to troubleshoot or solve this issue?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a first step in trying to get to the bottom of this, I'd turn off "Reconcile using Online Balance". Go into Edit Account Details for this investment account, select the Online Services tab and remove the checkmark at "Reconcile using Online Balance".
  • StuartG
    StuartG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Okay, then what? Always do manual reconcile?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just for the time being, to see if that will turn up something that works different or better.
    For my little bit of investment activity, a manual reconcile against the monthly paper statement is good enough.
    BTW, what version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
  • StuartG
    StuartG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Manual reconcile works on accounts where I turned off "reconcile using online balance". One investment account I left turned on, and it failed in the usual way this morning when new transactions showed up. This is definitely a programming bug when the dialog box is missing text on the title bar and the buttons. However, if I guess correctly and press what I think is the OK button, it seems to work.

Quicken Deluxe R43.20, Build 27.1.43.20, active subscription through next Apr.
  • mitch24x
    mitch24x Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually, you get the "blank" box when you select "Accept all" transactions in a brokerage account. This is consistent across all brokerage accounts and only occurs when new transactions, e.g. cash interest, purchase of shares, etc. are downloaded. I also click the BLANK BUTTON on the right and it closes. I then do a manual reconcile from the gear menu for that brokerage account. I am using the current Quicken Deluxe R43.20, Build 27.1.43.20
  • mitch24x
    mitch24x Member ✭✭
    Options
    As noted in previous replies, this "blank" box is seen when "Reconcile using online balance" is checked (turned on). This useless "blank" box can be skipped by unchecking the reconcile using online balance. However, this is clearly a Quicken programming bug so should be corrected by the programmers.
This discussion has been closed.