Can Quicken be used offline?

Options
I don't always have connectivity when traveling and since recently moving to the subscription-based version, it seems like I can't launch Quicken unless I am connected to the internet, which is pretty inconvenient. I don't use the web service but it appears to authenticate each time I open Quicken.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @PaulFM,

Quicken does require "connectivity" initially when you purchase the subscription, and it also requires connectivity for updates to the application and for downloading data from your financial institutions, etc.  However, you can also run the Quicken application when you don't have a connection (i.e. offline) you just won't be able to download data again (or update the application) until you are once again connected.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to disable you network adapter(s) before starting Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.