Ongoing transaction downloads failure with Fidelity Investments

Options
aejeffor
aejeffor Member ✭✭
I've seen this issue all over the boards, but Quicken keeps closing the discussions, so I'm opening another one. I have 7 accounts with Fidelity Investments, and each time I complete a one-step update, my other 30+ accounts will sync, but I get an OL-220-A error with each Fidelity Investments Account. Password is correct.

I gave up on quicken after months of trying to download fidelity transactions, and recently logged back into it to look at another account. Magically, it worked again for Fidelity - But only once.

After that one download, I get the same OL-220-A error every time now. Its almost as if I'm only allowed to download Fidelity Transactions once in a certain time period.

I contacted quicken support, which was like talking to a loaf of bread. They, of course, told me there is no issue with Fidelity and I needed to speak to them. I politely let them know that Fidelity referred me back to quicken. I mentioned the dozens of posts I've seen on this same issue, and he finally agreed to escalate the support to someone else. He said, "OK, we can escalate it, but it can't be today. You'll have to come back tomorrow."
I objected to that and asked if he could at least open a ticket. He agreed and gave me a number, but said there wouldn't be a record of it in my email or my account?!?

So, here I am, exhausted for the many hours I've spent reading and tinkering to solve this quicken problem, and no further than I was 6-8 months ago. I have a "ticket" opened with Quicken Tier II support, but I am guessing I'll not get any response or solution.

Comments

• mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to annoy you. Create a new Quicken file. Add Fidelity. See if the OL-220 starts again. If it does, not your problem. If it does not.... perhaps something that Quicken can/will fix... or as many of us have had to do.... start a new quicken file. There are other methods as well. I have found that when I get something that is odd, it is all a matter of time before I am told it is corrupted... go back to an earlier file. And well, that creates a whole other set of problems.  Let me know how you do. 
  • aejeffor
    aejeffor Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not annoying, I appreciate any response from anyone at this point. :) It works when I create a new quicken file. It does not work when I create a new quicken account, however within the orginal file. It doesn't work when resetting the connection, or deactivating and reactivating transaction downloads.

Sounds exactly like the issue everyone else is having unfortunately, that neither party wants to own. It I went through tech support at fidelity, and they bounced be back to quicken as well, saying that it was a quicken issue and there was nothing they could do.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Normally when I contact Quicken, they ask me eventually to create a new Quicken file. See if the problem continues. And then again, say it is corrupted. So...  you can continue to bang your head against the wall.... or try a new file and live again. I know... I have so much data... Good luck!
  • aejeffor
    aejeffor Member ✭✭
    Options
    The most recent interaction with their support told me that the issue was flagged as a known issue on 11/22/22. I've seen posts on this over a year old :) Anyway, one of the troubleshooting tips he gave me actually worked. (I'll reserve judgement until I know this is a permanent fix.)

Here was his instruction FYI: go to tools > online center > on your keybord, hold ctrl + shift and click on contact info > select one of the accounts > check the "FI branding and profile" > hit refresh > update and send. After the refresh, try your one step update again.

This is apparently a hidden menu for updating financial institution metadata.

I tried his instructions verbatim, and it didn't work. Then I went back in and repeated that process for each of the 7 fidelity accounts. I held my breath, and magically, everything downloaded correctly! No data loss, no new quicken file.

Again, not sure if its a permanent solution, but I've run OSU 3 times now with no errors!
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Bostrav59
    Bostrav59 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this same problem that just started around beginning of November. I tried what aejeffor suggested but that did not solve my problem. Any other suggestions? I've tried rolling back to an earlier Quicken version, making all sorts of tweaks in the online account. Quicken program behaves as if it has downloaded fidelity transactions - it does not generate an error. But there's no transaction. Help!!
This discussion has been closed.