Quick Pay Date Issue (Q Mac)

Options

Want to pay a bill by Quick Pay. Today is April 20th. Quick Pay says I have to pay the bill before April 18th and all days other than today are greyed out. So, I am unable to pay bills because Quick Pay won't recognize the date.

Comments

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still happening for every biller I have. Says payment date needs to be before some date in the past and won't let me pick any date it will accept.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Happening with AT&T, Bank of America and Xfinity.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing. Note: limited number of free transactions per month.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Let the biller's computer system do all the work for you. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks UKR but my bank has not required a reauthorization. In fact, I used Quick Pay to pay a different bill (ComEd) on Wednesday (April 19) and it worked like a charm. I spent about an hour on the phone this morning with tech support and was advised that all three of the billers noted above (Xfinity, Bank of America and AT&T) are on "degraded status" which is causing my issue. Not sure I am 100% convinced of this. Seems odd that all three of my end of month online billers are degraded. Maybe someone from Quicken will chime in here too. I've tried logging out and in, resetting my cloud file and unlinking and relinking these three billers and it does not fix the issue.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for responding.
    If you can't make payment thru Quick Pay on time I suggest you use either options 2 or 3 from my earlier response.
    It appears to me as if the entire Quick Pay system, due to both banks and billers "making changes towards enhanced security", is no longer viable. Change your procedures to either use your bank's bill pay system thru their website or use the billers' computer system to make them debit your checking account or a credit card on time.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks again UKR. Whenever Quick Pay fails I do use option 3 to pay the bills (although I don't set it on autopay as I like to see the bills before paying them). Just seems odd to me that all three of my end of month billers are on "degraded" status all of a sudden. For what it's worth, Quicken still can download the bills from these billers (and in the case of Bank of America it tracks credit card charges) but I can't pay these bills by Quick Pay.

Would like someone from Quicken to chime in here but that might be asking for too much.

This discussion has been closed.