Quicken Windows 2013 stopped downloading stock quotes

Options
DocGer
DocGer Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I know Quicken Windows 2013 is 10 years old…but in the past I've still been able to download stock quotes.

This morning…that's over. No more stock quotes downloaded into Quicken. Strictly manual entry.

[Removed - Rant/Sarcasm]

Comments

• toddlcox
    toddlcox Member ✭✭
    Options

I noticed that this morning as well. Is there a newer Quicken we can upgrade to without having to use the subscription service?

• mrrosenb
    mrrosenb Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I had the same issue. Anyone know if it’s a glitch or updates no more.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

know Quicken Windows 2013 is 10 years old…but in the past I've still been able to download stock quotes.

This morning…that's over. No more stock quotes downloaded into Quicken. Strictly manual entry.

Count your blessings. That feature turned off for most 2013 users 6-7 years ago. Just because you’ve had that feature gratis does not imply being able to keep it in perpetuity.

Is there a newer Quicken we can upgrade to without having to use the subscription service?

Nope. Importing prices via a csv file (available in any Quicken vintage) would be the only other automated type of process. But I suspect that may be rather arduous depending on the complexities of the investment portfolio and the depth of the need. Importing month-end values would be far easier than daily values.

Anyone know if it’s a glitch or updates no more.

I’d put it in the “no more”category.

• timkens
    timkens Member
    Options

This happened once before, a few years ago. The prices were unavailable to download for several weeks, possibly even a month or more. Then they suddenly came back.

I'm not sure of the date, except that it happened while I was using a computer I bought in December 2018.

Maybe it will happen again. Who knows?

• ReadyPlayer001
    ReadyPlayer001 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Fingers crossed that this helps you (and me). I'm in same boat. I don't update all that often. I just plotted a YTD chart of one holding and I'm seeing that I only get data updates in ODD numbered months. How crazy is that. I'm hoping that in early July I can update again. Never noticed the flaw before. It's fine with me. I've been tracking my spending and holdings since 1991. I'd only update the software every couple of versions. When they went subscription, I nope'd right out of there. Been running 2013 ever since. Meets my needs.

This discussion has been closed.