Multiple screen issues with drop down

Options
judeb
judeb Member

When having Quicken on a secondary screen connected through a dock' HDMI port (that is connected to a laptop via USB-C), certain dropdowns do not work properly. For example, in your register if you want to select a different option of the payee, the dropdown with options will show up in another screen (the main laptop screen in this case). Any idea of how this can be fixed, or is it a known bug?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried switching screens so that the secondary monitor is considered to be the primary or only one?

• DJ Nangunoori
    DJ Nangunoori Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. Drop down from the category list shows in the bottom/laptop display and it is barely visible. This is very annoying and frustrating. This happens only with Quicken but no other app or websites.

@UKR If you make only one monitor/duplicate your display then what is the use of multiple monitors. BTW if you duplicate the display it works fine because everything is like laptop. I don't think Quicken cares a damn about this issue :-) Because I saw the similar thread couple of years ago and it is closed without any solution. TBH I really miss the old Microsoft Money…

• DJ Nangunoori
    DJ Nangunoori Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Francisco you provided sometime back in May 2020. I didn't see any updates on that thread but I tried and it didnt work.

Any update or solution for this resolution… LOL

• rrrichard
    rrrichard Member
    Options

Experiencing the same problem here as well - Quicken on a second display but dropdowns coming up (condensed) on the laptop display. In this day of many users having multiple monitors, Quicken should place some priority on fixing this problem… please!

• SurfRhino
    SurfRhino Member
    Options

I have the same problem when running a laptop and a remote monitor. I solved the problem by going into settings System>Display and making the main display the remote monitor and the problem was solved.

This discussion has been closed.