Still connecting to ...

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

Every time I "refresh" an online biller I am presented with the popup (Still Connecting to …) Why is this happening?

Quicken R50.8

Windows 11 PRO current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Greg Brown
    Options

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What happens after, as the message says, 1 - 2 days?
    The refresh process is not instantaneous. It takes a day or two.

And if it never connects, especially when we're talking about making credit card payments, I recommend not using the Quick Pay process. Instead, logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.
    In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your
    register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Greg Brown
    Options

yeah, I do that for the most part, but I’d like to get the statements from the biller. It’s just another one of those annoyances that you have to deal with with Quicken

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let the biller send you an email when a new statement is available.
    That process has been working for me for decades. And no hassle with banks or billers refusing to grant access to third party data aggregators like Quicken, Intuit, etc.

• Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    Options
    All of my bills (even the ones i delete and set back up) have done the same thing for almost a year now. If they aren't going to fix it they should remove the online biller portion, because there appear to have been no attempt to after this amount of time.
  • Greg Brown
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have been using Quicken for decades as well. When Bank of America was direct connect, I used it to pay EVERYTHING via Quicken with zero issues. Now that direct connect is no more, it is a difficult transition to have to remember to record the payment in Quicken and also pay it via BofA website. I have been doing it, but my issue is I'm getting along in years, and I would find it very difficult to train my wife on the process. It was SO SIMPLE when I could schedule everything through Quicken and pay via BofA bill pay. I'll figure something out but it just irritates me that the Online Bill Pay process is so immature. It has been having issues FOREVER. I basically want it to provide statements, and I can't even get it to accomplish that without hassles. I hear you on the process to let billers direct debit my account, but the payment amount changes for each payment. I may have a zero APR card that I don't want to pay the balance due on, or the minimum on. So that would be a giant hassle to have to go to the individual website. BofA bill pay offers the same options for all of my bills, but I still have to go to the BofA website to enter the amount I want to pay.

Thanks for your input.

This discussion has been closed.