RSUs on Mac - what am I missing?

Options
Jeff K
Jeff K Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Mac)
I'm running Quicken Deluxe v7.1.1 on MacOS. Does Premium have support for tracking RSUs? I've read that it's available on Win, but I'm unsure about the Mac version.

Best Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Assume that RSU means Restricted Stock Unit?

There is no special handling in QMac.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No support for RSUs. I have somewhat created a kludgy workaround. I created 2 accounts, Account 1 - used to track/hold my RSUs and, Account 2 - transfer account when shares vest.

In Account 1, I use the 'Add Shares' feature for the total amount of my RSUs (or any additions). I set the total cost to 0.000001. As shares vest, within Account 1, I add a Sell + Miscellaneous Expense transaction for taxes. My employer withholds a portion of vested shares for taxes. Thereafter, I transfer the remaining vested shares to Account 2.

The only minor or cosmetic issue is with the 'Remove Shares' entry in the Description/Category field. Quicken appears to be grabbing the market close price to populate this field e.g., 51.034 shares @ 348.10. However, my employer is using a FMV of 337.34.

Below is an example.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Assume that RSU means Restricted Stock Unit?

There is no special handling in QMac.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Jeff K
    Jeff K Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.
  • J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No support for RSUs. I have somewhat created a kludgy workaround. I created 2 accounts, Account 1 - used to track/hold my RSUs and, Account 2 - transfer account when shares vest.

In Account 1, I use the 'Add Shares' feature for the total amount of my RSUs (or any additions). I set the total cost to 0.000001. As shares vest, within Account 1, I add a Sell + Miscellaneous Expense transaction for taxes. My employer withholds a portion of vested shares for taxes. Thereafter, I transfer the remaining vested shares to Account 2.

The only minor or cosmetic issue is with the 'Remove Shares' entry in the Description/Category field. Quicken appears to be grabbing the market close price to populate this field e.g., 51.034 shares @ 348.10. However, my employer is using a FMV of 337.34.

Below is an example.

• Jeff K
    Jeff K Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the workaround. I'm giving this a try. I can now see what things are worth as the market moves, and then can make plans when they vest. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.