Quicken becomes unresponsive - Quicken Status Update displays

Options
Knitgirl
Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭

Quicken Premier for Windows, Version R50.13, Build 27.1.50.13, Windows 10 Home. Version R50.13 was installed today based on a prompt.

Earlier today I downloaded updates from Truist Bank. I was able to successfully accept all updates to 2 accounts. I then downloaded updates from Wealthscape Investor. I was able to successfully accept updates to 4 accounts, but any attempt to access another brokerage account to view the updates results in the display of the "Quicken Status Update". The application appears to be in a loop and nothing happens when i try to stop the update or access the ? button.

Using Task Manager, I ended Quicken, then restarted Quicken. I went to Tools /Account List and the Download date displayed for the brokerage accounts correctly showed today.

When I attempted to access one of the other brokerage accounts where transactions had been downloaded and accepted, once again the "Quicken Status Update" window displayed and no action could be taken.

Having seen a similar post from 2019, I tried to resolve the issue by 1) making a new backup, 2) uninstalling Quicken, restarting, installing Quicken and restoring from the backup. This has not resolved the issue. I cannot open any of the Wealthscape Investor accounts without the Quicken Status Update window then displaying and the application freezing.

Comments

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Seeing the same issue. Quicken Status Update window is unresponsive and requires task manager to kill Quicken process and restart. Status window just keeps on spinning with no stopping.

Quicken Premier for Windows, Version R50.13, Build 27.1.50.13, Windows 10 Pro. Version R50.13 was installed today based on a prompt.

Update: I reverted back to 49.33 and this got pass the problem and did the historical updates. I then updated to the latest version of Quicken and it works fine. Not sure why this worked, but it did.

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having exact same problem - Version R50.13. I ran Quicken downloads this evening. Everything downloaded fine. Click on any of my Investment Registers - I get the screen that Knitgirl shows above. Clicking Stop Update button won't work - have to kill with Task Manager. Haven't tried reversion to 49.33 yet.

Update: Here is how I got this to start working (no guarantees, but problem has disappeared for me). So everything was working for me post R50.13 update and until I ran a One Step Update again this evening. Now no longer getting the Quicken Update Status screen shown above.

Killed Quicken from Task Manager (multiple times, actually) to get rid of screen

Opened Quicken

Ran One Step Update again (1/2 hour after last attempt, when this started)

Problem disappeared

Closed Quicken and restarted - just to be sure

Currently working and no longer getting that screen.

• pegloor
    pegloor Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. Same version and build. Updated version today at prompt.

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update, after experiencing above, and having to kill Quicken 3 times using Windows Task Manager, I finally got it to work. No guarantees, but here is what worked for me:

after terminating Quicken with Task Manager:

• Opened Quicken and ran a One Step Update (even though I had run it 1/2 hour ago).
    • Check problem registers, and everything was working (no "hang" on Quicken Update Status)
    • Closed Quicken normally and re-started
    • Still working

So it was running the OSU again, before accessing problem registers, that made this go away.

• jmurrdog
    jmurrdog Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same problem with all Schwab and Vanguard investment accounts. This is another crap update from Quicken. Let's hope it doesn't take two weeks like the last big update debacle. Tried the OSU fix above suggested by DetroitRick and it did seem to work for me.

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. I got it when I tried to update several Fidelity accounts and then went to the register for one of them.

DetroitRick's approach (terminate Quicken and then OSU before going to one of the Fidelity registers) seems to have worked for me.

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Spoke too soon. I went to the last of four Fidelity accounts with downloaded transactions (after the OSU) and got stuck again 😠

• AlexisoftheShire
    AlexisoftheShire Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thank you all for the heads up on 50.13 and the problems it has caused you. I declined updating from 50.08 and will wait until a future release that fixes the problem caused by 50.13. It looks like you all have been able to get around the problem by backing out to an earlier release or some workarounds that fix it. Good luck and hope it is resolved by what you have done.

• walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Endless Quicken Update Status, "Connecting". Requires task manager to end the process. Tried restoring old Quicken file with same result. R50.13

• rbridges01
    rbridges01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

how can we get to the older version? I turned off pop up blockers and still cant access version 49.xx

• pdxtony
    pdxtony Member ✭✭
    Options

same problem here, has anyone been able to go back to a previous version?

• rbridges01
    rbridges01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tony Sadler
    Tony Sadler Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. What is the short term fix Quicken?

• TexasDanual
    TexasDanual Member
    Options

Same Issue Here on Schwab Accouts

• Tony Sadler
    Tony Sadler Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine was also on Schwab accounts

• Joseph Kopchick
    Joseph Kopchick Member ✭✭
    Options

Affected Fidelity accounts for me. Restored a backup file from last week to my backup computer with an earlier Quicken release and was able to update. Smoking gun evidence that 50.13 has a major bug.

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@rbridges01 Go to the following website. You can update to last May update.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@pdxtony Go to the following website You can update to last May update

• Tony Sadler
    Tony Sadler Member ✭✭
    Options

Joseph, were you then able to successfully update the last week's of transactions into that old backup file?

• rpsandmeyerjr
    rpsandmeyerjr Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me with Morgan Stanley. UGH!!

• Rob191
    Rob191 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem as others, Q for Windows, Premier V: R50.13, Bld: 27.1.50.13. While reviewing account updates after OSU, Quicken kicks off "Quicken Update Status" and hangs there.

• gwforit
    gwforit Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue with me on Fidelity accounts.

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. Trying to restore older version but can't find it. This is pretty bad.

• Joe Klevorn
    Joe Klevorn Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me with E*Trade accounts. Reverted to Quicken version 50.8 and the problem went away. Will wait until the issue with Quicken version 50.13 is resolved before updating. Please get to work Quicken staff!

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How do you revert to this version? Thanks.

• walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here is the way I fixed the problem by going back to prior, May, verion of Quicken. Go to:

Download the Release 49.33 Mondo

It would not run from the download file in the lower right corner so I had to save it then run it. Worked fine, prior version of Quicken with my current Quicken file, one having the problems, updated just fine.

Obviously a major bug in the new release. Wasted 2+ hours of my morning.

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@rotygolf Do you think R50.8 would be ok?

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@billr yes R50.8 should work just fine.

• pegloor
    pegloor Member ✭✭
    Options

@rotygolf - thanks for the link to the older patches. I successfully went back to 49.33 and it seems to solve the issue.

This discussion has been closed.