Webview2 Runtime is not installed - Canada version R50.xx

Options
2»

Answers

• Danielle Dallaire
    Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the Delux ? As I don't have an enterprise, the need for a maybe more expensive version is not really needed.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

My post was identified as Canadian, from the beginning. Maybe it is not that evident.

But from what I can read here, the problem is happening to Canadian users as well as American users.

It is time for Quicken techs to come back with answers.

Please

• Lucky S.
    Lucky S. Member
    Options

I've had the same problem since June 27th download R50.15 US version.. tried everyones idea with no good results..

July 3rd I went to quicken download page and downloaded May 2nd update and installed it. Program opened right up and worked great, although I pull the ethernet cable until after it start up so it can't update. I've used it everyday since without one problem.. thinking I'll leave it that way until quicken get their crap together..

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have posted in the All Things Canadian section. There are three versions of the Canadian version of Quicken and none of them are called Premiere. Also the most current Canadian version is R50.9. You are running the USA version of Quicken and posting in All Things Canadian. It seems this thread should be moved out of All Things Canadian because the issue appears to be affecting the USA and Canadian versions.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Hi

I posted in All Things Canadian because i am using the Canadian version.

Now, if American users have the same problem, somebody head of the Community should rename it or move it somewhere else, if it it is best that way.

I am not in a position to decide. So I am leave it to others.

As long as a tech from quicken looks into it and fast !

Thanks

Danielle

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I would like to suggest for anyone with the WEBVIEW2 problem - there are 3 reported scenarios…
    - Running the Canadian version.
    - Running the US version, but on a MAC with a Windows emulator,
    - and maybe - Running the US version under native Windows… 

If running US version under plain old native Windows -
    please create a new topic reflecting that, so not to confuse with the other 2 existing topics

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• KL101
    KL101 Member
    Options

A new update, version Q51.10 (US), has just been released. I am currently installing it and will defer any comments regarding my recurring problems with Q50.16 until I had a chance to use Q51.10.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

No news about a Canadian update

• billc4360
    billc4360 Member
    Options

On loading the Quicken.exe, I get the missing Webview2 Not Installed error. Checked in Control Panel, and the Webview2 program is installed. Quicken application closes with any choice on the error window. Re-installed EDGE. Re-installed Quicken. Same error! I am completely stopped in my accounting. I want my subscription expiration date extended until this bug is fixed. :O)

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Hi

Are you in the Canadian or US line ?

I received a new update this week, Canadian side, and for the moment, it looks ok. I read the file about what the update will change and apart from "fixing different bugs" there is no mention about the missing file. Here is a suggestion: keep closing and reopening Quicken until it starts. It's the only way I can finally begin to work

So let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Danielle

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Guess Quicken is using this to display text from various screens…

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• KL101
    KL101 Member
    Options

I was informed by support that a new update was made available. I downloaded and installed the manual update, R51.12 (US). So far the problem seems to have been fixed. The Canadian version should also be available. Download it and give it a try. Good luck!

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Thank you for the update.

I installed the latest and so far, it looks to have resolved the problem.

Good day

Danielle

• RKU
    RKU Member
    Options

I installed version R51.11 and it did not resolve my issue. I still have the webview2 error problem.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Is that the US version or Canadian

• RKU
    RKU Member
    Options

R51.11 Canadian version

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Do you have Outlook ? Try the beta version, it kind of helped in a way. Why ? I don't know how, but maybe it uses Webview2 also. I don't seem to have the problem anymore

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Well, it looks like I misled you. Quicken had been running for maybe 2 hours and suddenly, when I tried to download transactions from my bank, the message appeared and Quicken closed. Sorry for the false hopes…. I also run on version R51.11 Quicken Deluxe. But I have a new update for Windows 10 waiting to be installed. Maybe it triggered the problems.

Danielle

• RKU
    RKU Member
    Options

Grrr sorry to hear that your problem is back. For reference I run Quicken Home and Business. It would be nice to know if Quicken is working on a fix to this issue or not.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Never heard from them.

• Danielle Dallaire
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello

The problem is back again with a raging force, many times a day ! There has been a Windows update lately and it looks like it woke up the monster ! There is probably a link between Q and transactions downloading. I just can't download from my bank ! I tried with the Online Centre in Q, Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I don't know what to do next. Are Q techs looking into this ?

• RKU
    RKU Member
    Options

This situation is extremely frustrating. I'm thinking of ditching the windows version and move to the Quicken for Mac version. However, I'm not comfortable uploading my data file online to Quicken to convert it. I'll have to start net new which is quite a bit of work.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

That is very unfortunate for you.

I was looking at the answers from Q and now the American side is having the same problem. One member suggested to erase all files from the temp file. I tried it and there was no change at all. On the Canadian side, the problem dates from early June ! And i had to pay for my renewal September 1rst. They raised the price even if they can't resolve the issues !

• RKU
    RKU Member
    Options

Great news! I updated to the latest Quicken for windows V52.20 this morning. I then tried doing a download from the bank and it worked successfully!!! I did not get the nasty webview2 runtime error message. For reference I am running it on Windows 10 home. What a relief after not being able to download for 3 months.

• Danielle Dallaire
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am so looking forward to see myself !

Thanks !

Danielle

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Hi, I am downloading the new version right now.

I called them last week and i asked for an extension of membership. The gave me a month more. You should try it !

Danielle

This discussion has been closed.