Quicken - USAA new connection

Options
Lakedaisy
Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Installing and Updating (Windows)
I received this email from Quicken last Thursday. But I can't find anything on Quicken, USAA or the internet about how to update. Is there a procedure written somewhere? I use both Windows and Mac versions. Thank you.

Your new USAA connection is ready!

Quicken has partnered with USAA for a faster, more reliable connection.

You can expect fewer download errors and more reliable service—all through a more secure connection.

Update your USAA connection now.
To continue downloading your USAA banking, Credit Card, or Mortgage accounts, you will need to update the USAA connection in Quicken.

You will need to update by August 7, 2023, when your USAA accounts will no longer be able to connect using your current connection method.
Quicken user since 1986

Comments

• Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried resetting my USAA accounts, but the still connects with Web Express Connect +
    Quicken user since 1986
  • Hamsibas
    Hamsibas Member
    Options

I tried doing the update and ended up watching a circle go around and around for 10 minutes before I gave up and ended the process. I have now tried several times again with no luck. Of course now Quicken can no longer access any USAA info at all even if I say wait til next time to update the connection. Aaaarg! Anyone have any ideas?

• Dane H.
    Dane H. Member
    Options

Mine accounts updated and unfortunately reached back 4400 days and downloaded everything obviously making my account balances wrong. I haven't seen a fix to this yet.

• trainorw65
    trainorw65 Member
    Options

Each time I attempt reauthorization my account balances get thrown completely off. What's odd is the number of transactions stay the same in the entire account and I can't find any duplicates.

• Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Dane H. said:
    > Mine accounts updated and unfortunately reached back 4400 days and downloaded everything obviously making my account balances wrong. I haven't seen a fix to this yet.

I don't know what's going on with the windows version. It still updates, but don't know if the new links were installed.

The Mac version, on the other hand has forced me to update the same links 3 times. And I have an awful lot of duplicates on my checking acct and one of my brokerage accts is WAY off.
    Quicken user since 1986
  • kirtley
    kirtley Member ✭✭
    Options

@Dane H.

I'm having the same issue, the accounts go way back and I now have a negative balance in my investment accounts that are populated from each paycheck deposited w/ USAA. Ever since Intuit sold Quicken, this program has been a real cluster.

• Consultancy
    Consultancy Member ✭✭
    Options

For the past week, I have attempted to download transactions for USAA. It does not happen.

I have disconnected the account from Quicken and then reinstalled. You still can not download any transaction. You have to go to the USAA website and see what transactions have posted to your account(s).

This is a repetition and/or same problem that had to the worked out between Quick and USAA before.

Quicken needs to correct this problem again.

• Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just chatted with Quicken. Was told this is a problem on the USAA end and they are working on it. I spoke with USAA two days ago. Was told this is a problem on the Quicken end. It's be going on for a month now and I guess no one is trying to fix the problem.

Quicken user since 1986
  • wildcatmcc
    wildcatmcc Member ✭✭
    Options

Apparently not. I've had this issue for three months now and have gone through the same motions as you. I'm not renewing my Quicken subscription and am looking for new financial software that I can use with USAA.

• RGerardi
    RGerardi Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

[deleted - no soliciting]. this is beyond unnacceptable

• wildcatmcc
    wildcatmcc Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I decided to sign up with [deleted - no soliciting]. More expensive, but real-time phone support and seamless downloading from USAA. It will be a learning curve as [deleted - no soliciting] is more business oriented than personal finance, but my wife is a small business owner and is helping me set it up. I'm sad that I have to abandon Quicken, as it's been my mainstay since 1995. But I've had it with this nonsense.

• PaulH1
    PaulH1 Member
    Options

Yes. Still an issue with USAA transactions. I wonder how many subscribers Quicken has to lose before they take responsibility to fix this issue?

This discussion has been closed.