Unable to update future paychecks (V50.8 Build 27.1.50.8)

Options
bigby65@
bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭

I have a paycheck that I have been using/updating for several years. I recently received a raise, and attempted to update all future checks to reflect the new total hourly pay I am due to receive every payday. However, Quicken treats it just like any other memorized bill/income reminder, and won't allow me to update the paycheck. I have to reenter the new information every payday.

Also, the upcoming paycheck doesn't reflect as being entered even when I update it.

I've only run into this problem since one of the early May releases.

After looking at the screenshot, I notice it lists the paycheck as an "Income Reminder", even though I created it as a paycheck using the wizard.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's the error message you get when you attempt to update the reminder? Got any image snapshots?

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No error message, and there is a snapshot of the screen I get when I try to update the paycheck attached to the original post. I've simply cleared out personal information.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where'd the image snapshot go?
    If you don't have the Upload image icon in the Comment box, drag and drop the image file from Windows File Explorer into the Comment.

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I did exactly that in my original post. I'm not sure why you can't see it. But try this link: https://1drv.ms/i/s%21Agg68A6aJYq1gpR0HjTpDHrclEpYxQ?e=Pxz3DE

I created the link from my screenshot folder image. The original image had restricted access for some reason.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the image. A good image somehow appeared in the original post.

Regardless of the naming, Income Reminder, can you edit the amount? Can you click on "Split" next to Category and pull up Split detail, to update the individual categories' amounts? Do the changes save?

BTW, have you tried working with Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders? In there, select the reminder and click on "Edit this and all future instances"

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I've tried both. I probably COULD edit the split entries, but it's not the Paycheck Update screen and the splits might be risky since the I track my taxes using Quicken.

• asdasdfafsd
    asdasdfafsd Member
    Options

I had the same issue so I deleted the paycheck reminders that were bugged out and re-created them. It shows the paycheck wizard when I go to edit the reminder now, but it seems unnecessary for me to have to do it to get the software to work properly.

• Mark Niles
    Mark Niles Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Issue still present in Version R50.16 Build 27.1.50.16. (Quicken Premier, Windows). Only "workaround" is to enter enter/accept the paycheck and then open the split window to correct any entries. Does not carry over to next paycheck.

This discussion has been closed.