Not Downloading All Credit Card Charges

Options
QuickSandy
QuickSandy Member

I use Windows with Quicken Deluxe Version R50.16.

Every month I download my credit card transactions into Quicken from my card website without any problem. This month, the download was incomplete. only about a third of the transactions were downloaded. I am unable to download the rest.

How do i get the rest to download?

Thankyou.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @QuickSandy,

If you can provide us with some additional information, that will potentially help us to understand your situation and the problems you are having.

Please tell us the name of the financial institution that issued your credit card and the name of the credit card. Also were the transactions that did not download within a particular time frame (e.g. maybe the last transactions of the month, or the transactions for a particular part of the month)? And what method have you been using to download those transactions? Also did this start immediately after you upgraded to R50.16? Are you getting any error codes and any other details on what you are seeing, etc, will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• QuickSandy
    QuickSandy Member
    Options

The card is my Southwest Rapid Rewards VISA Signature card from Chase Bank.

The first 22 charges of the period downloaded normally. There were a total of 76 charges so 54 did not download.

To download, I go to the credit card website & log in. From there I go to the transactions for the previous billing period & download them into Quicken.

I am not seeing any other error codes. I do not know when I was upgraded to R50.16. Sorry!

• QuickSandy
    QuickSandy Member
    Options

Thank you for trying to help me, Frankx.

• Anita Yeager
    Anita Yeager Member ✭✭
    Options

Earlier information - I forgot to sign….sorry!!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm wondering why you download transactions only once a month when you have this large number of transactions to process.
    IMHO, running daily (or at least weekly) One Step Update downloads would be much better than downloading and importing a QFX file. It's a smaller number of transactions to process. You'd also be able to spot fraudulent transactions or other kinds of errors faster than with your current process.

As to why only some transactions downloaded and not all …
    Have you checked the downloaded QFX file (open it with Notepad) to see if all transactions are included in the file, or if the file is truncated and only contains a portion of the expected transactions. Could there be a syntax error between the last imported transaction and the next not imported one, making the import process skip the remainder of the file?

This discussion has been closed.