Rebuilding investment lots quicken not responding, but validate works.

Options
questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭

Validate checkbox works and finishes with log file popping up.

But the 2nd one, rebuild investment lots checkbox if I run that it just says quicken not responding. The quicken screen then turns white and greyed out and you can't even switch focus windows by clicking window or control key to do something else. Even if you click wait for program to respond nothing happens.

Do I have to just run it and not touch the computer for like an hour?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, let it run. It's thinking hard. "Not responding" doesn't mean "dead", it means Quicken is not responding to any Windows events so Windows doesn't know its actual state.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• questionsforever
    questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It completed, after 1.5 hours. Quicken is a turtle but seems to get the job done!

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@questionsforever - It's always a good idea to wait for a process to complete normally. As Squirrel says, "Not responding" doesn't mean that your computer froze up. When you do a Ctrl-Alt-Del" to stop a process on Quicken, it opens the possibility of data file corruption. I never do it, but if I absolutely need it to exit Quicken by doing a "Ctrl-Alt-Del", then I always to a Validate and Super Validate once I restart Quicken. I even have restored a backup after doing one, if I notice any sluggishness, or any strange behavior in Quicken.

1.5 hours. Wow. You are very patient.

This discussion has been closed.