Ticker Symbol not updating - ABBVIE - fixed, it was Hidden

Options
El Hud
El Hud Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Hello Team,

I buy and sell stocks and when I enter the Ticker into Quicken, the price will update when I update my portfolio and I will get Div. Yield, Div., EPS., etc. on the 'Investing' page. However, For one stock I own, none of the information will update including price. Did I not select a box or deselect a box when I entered this symbol? Please inform

Best Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try going to Tools > Security List (or press CTRL +Y). Make sure "Download Quotes" is checked for the security.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

what is the security ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Look at the Security LIst (Ctrl-Y).

Make sure hidden securities are shown (check box near bottom.)

Sort the list by Security to see if there is some other variation of Abbvie. (Click the "Security" header to sort.)

Sort the list by Symbol to see if some security has the ABBV ticker.

And again, what Type is assigned to that Security in whatever form of name and ticker you find it?

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try going to Tools > Security List (or press CTRL +Y). Make sure "Download Quotes" is checked for the security.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Security Type is assigned to that security? That can impact what is reported on the detail view of the security.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

what is the security ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you all for the response. The security is Abbvie, $ABBV and I noticed something interesting. The security is not listed; only the Covered Call options that I sell are listed in the Security List. I now remember that when I add shares of ABBV, Quicken does not recognize the Stock and I always have to enter it manually. its not there

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have shares of ABBV. I have no problem updating it. Are you sure that is the ticker you have for the security in Quicken?

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Look at the Security LIst (Ctrl-Y).

Make sure hidden securities are shown (check box near bottom.)

Sort the list by Security to see if there is some other variation of Abbvie. (Click the "Security" header to sort.)

Sort the list by Symbol to see if some security has the ABBV ticker.

And again, what Type is assigned to that Security in whatever form of name and ticker you find it?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ours is fine -
    How do things look in your Security List….
    is ABBV actually there and [x] for Download Quotes ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Options

Got it! It was hidden. I checked the "Show hidden securities" in the Securities List, ABBV populated and then I checked the 'Download Quotes' and unchecked the 'Hide' box. Thank you ALL!!!

This discussion has been closed.