Stock price incorrect

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Updating my financial advisor's site with my account balances and our ConEd stock was different there than in Quicken. I used the "Get Online Quotes" option from the Account Overview/Holdings screen, and it completed, but the price is $96.55 in Quicken and $90.45 on finance.google.com. I'm guessing the the price hasn't been $96.55 for a couple of weeks. I'm relying on Quicken to know my net worth - but Quicken isn't accurately showing my values. What's the fix when your prices aren't correctly updating?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just added "ED" ticker in Quicken and got a price of 90.41. Is this the ticker you are using?

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow. I haven't checked the specifics on that security in … forever. The account has existed since at least 1995 in Quicken (yes, I've been using Quicken that long). Somehow, the ticker symbol had been deleted from the security details. I re-added it, and the price is correct. I had no idea the symbol had been erased, so thanks for making me check.

Although - I'm disturbed that the symbol had been removed and I was not aware, which is making me think that I need to reverify all of my holdings.

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Verifying your account value data once a month or so (your choice of time frame) is a good policy. It is common for Quicken to confirm share quantities in your data file versus shares reported in the downloaded data, but there is no $-valuation check automatically done.

This discussion has been closed.