New PC - Quicken blank screen install problem(edit)

Options

I bought a new Microsoft Surface Laptop Go 2 today.

I installed Quicken, and my data files.

When I boot up Quicken, I see my file load, then the program goes to the sigh-in screen.

That screen never loads, it just stays blank. At the bottom of that pop up it says I can log in with a new username. I clicked that link and it says the data file is associated with the proper Username, so I cancelled that and decided to ask for advice here.

Other internet programs work, like I installed Chrome and was able to sync my shortcuts and load my saved passwords. I can log into other web sites.

Any ideas. Like is there a setting I need to tweak?

Thanks

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another user solved his blank screen on install issue by using a prior patch version:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David Christopher
    David Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mary, I can't open those links, there are yellow " ! " at the ends,

I called support this morning and they had me download quicken.exe and install it (we were using Share Screen), that did not fix it. next he had me download the Mondo patch. My computer speed was slow, so he had to go. Told me to call my ISP and get the speed fixed then download the Mondo Patch and run it. I did all that. all the mondo patch did is say the version installed was R1 and it would download and install R51.12. that did not fix the problem, right back to that blank screen. (i can run the mondo Patch several times and it says the same thing each time. So I do not know if it changes anything nor not.)

i might uninstall quicken one more time, back up my data file, delete quicken folder in Documents and Program files x86. then reinstall.

it is about time a Mod comes for a mod to find this post and help me fix this. my file is loading, i see my accounts and register then the blank screen happens. (i am about ready to go back to CD's and updates once a year and forget this Internet stuff).

Dave

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you followed the instructions in the first blue bullet item listed in https://www.quicken.com/support/blankwhite-registration-screen ?

I'm talking about a special Validate procedure to be performed which supposedly fixes this problem.

• David Christopher
    Options

URK, I have been on support for about 4 hours. Got nowhere, still can not authenticate. I am brain dead today. I will follow the link instructions when mind is fresh in morning. Thanks for advice. I keep all informed about progress or lack of it.

Dave

• David Christopher
    Options

URK and all. I followed the instructions in the link, but I still get a blank screen. The Help Desk tele session yesterday with them telling me the WIN 11 update I installed yesterday … they said I made a mistake. So I figured out how th check if all updates were installed and up to date. They are not. I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed something, because I can now try to download them again … I have satellite internet so it is slow compared to hardwire ones. There are about 10 updates supposedly downloading at the moment.

Once I get all the updates installed, I will try Quicken again. It just irritates me is my file loads but this “talk to Quicken” server problem spoils … my days now.

• David Christopher
    Options

I took my brand new computer to a shop today. I just can not get the upgrades to download. They will get it done and up to date. Then I will start over with the Quicken install, if it does not work then, I will take it back to where I bought it and buy a Dell or something.

• David Christopher
    Options

I just got a call from repair shop. They can not get it to update either. Asked me for factory reset permission. If they can not get it to work, they will give me a letter that says … whatever, and then I will take it back to where I bought it, or have to contact Microsoft for a replacement or refund plus what the repair shop charges me. At least I will try to get someone to pay the shop too.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it’s a Quicken thing … not related to Windows or your Surface, etc - so bringing it to other people is not doing anything…

It would be interesting if you could start Quicken without a local data file - just rename it before starting Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• David Christopher
    Options

I do not understand what you just said. How can it be a Quicken thing, If windows does not work properly. I can not point my finger at Quicken until I have a proper operating operating system. God and my friends know I will point my finger at Quicken, should I can prove there is a fault.

This new Quicken is way past my being a superuser status. I am just a user now. I know Quicken works.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So other programs don't work either?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• David Christopher
    Options

i only have Quicken, Chrome, Gmail, installed on any of my devices. If I liked Quicken Mac, I would buy an I …whatever. iMac? Last time I used iMac, I did not like it. it was not similar to Quicken for Windows; search my posts and you will see. I never have understood why they can not be the same. I used to **** a lot. Now I just cry when Q win does not work for me. It still works on my desktop, l just want a portable Quicken on a laptop.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

FWIW, Quicken is working fine on a Win 11 Surface Pro 7 tablet with attached keyboard. So, you have more than enough hardware.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

in first posting - Windows was fine - now you are saying it is not … we are confused

How can it be a Quicken thing, If windows does not work properly

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• David Christopher
    Options

The help desk told me something was wrong with the computer. Anyway I have it back from repair shop and everything is working now. Quicken is now working on this computer/Laptop. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.