Citibank Tech Support Says Quicken Auto Downloads No Longer Available!!!!

Options
tralfamadore
tralfamadore Member ✭✭✭

Win 11 Pro (updated & current) Quicken for Windows R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12 on Lenovo Laptop.

Before 2 days ago, all was well for all my accounts and it was business as usual downloading/updating my Citi credit card and savings accounts all under one username and password. On Tuesday, I received a phone call from Citibank (I vetted the call) with the rep telling me through their algorithms for fraud, they noticed strange login attempts from my laptop originating in California. I live in South Carolina. The gave me options to either ignore it as there weren't any transactions in my Savings account that were out of place or, disconnect my access to my accounts (through their website), void the existing debit card and send out a new debit card. This would require me to set up new login information and basically start from scratch setting up new online access. I chose that, received the new debit card the next day and set up my new online access which went fine. I then authorized Quicken access to those Citibank accounts through their online banking website. I don't have 2 step verification activated. The next step to begin downloading my transactions into Quicken was to deactivate all 4 cc accounts and 1 savings account, remove the Bank name in the Fin Inst field in the Online Svcs tab and enter my new username/password to access all the accounts which went fine for the credit card accounts but the savings account didn't work out. Now I get a CC-592 error alerting me that I need to contact Citi since the account was set up by them. I did that and after 2 hours, 4 phone calls, and hold time, I finally reached a Rep who listened to my issue and stated that Citibank, since November 2022, has been slowly disconnecting their customers access to Quicken auto-downloading transactions, and, that now those folks will need to download QFX files for each account and import to their Quicken software. He stated that is why I received that phone call about them noticing unusual logins with my previous info. This morning I call Quicken support and was told that it is a Citibank issue and they don't/won't have anything to do with it. Also, rep stated that possibly Citi put a "hidden" 2 step verification process in place on my new login and maybe that's why I'm having this issue. They said I should go into my Citi online account and "deactivate" the 2 step verification process supposedly in place. Impossible because I checked and that isn't activated and also, why am I able to login to their website without any 2nd verification?

So now I'm stuck with downloading the savings transactions by importing QFX files for my saving account and deleting duplicate transactions.

This does not make any sense to me at all since I was able to setup the credit card account to auto download but why not the savings?

Has anyone in these groups had this issue or been told that the Citibank processes have changed? Would love to hear some feedback, and/or if anyone has a solution or workaround instead of importing QFX files. Apologies for the extra long post.😣

Comments

• Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Wow. A lot to unpack here.

Quoting from the OP.

I finally reached a Rep who listened to my issue and stated that
    Citibank, since November 2022, has been
    slowly disconnecting their
    customers access to Quicken auto-downloading transactions, and, that now
    those folks will need to download QFX files for each account and import
    to their Quicken software. He stated that is why I received that phone
    call about them noticing unusual logins with my previous info.
    This
    morning I call Quicken support and was told that it is a Citibank issue

and they don't/won't have anything to do with it.

For over a year now, ever since Citi changed their website, I have been unable to do any sort of direct download into my accounts. I had assumed that Quicken was unwiling/unable to address the issue. Now I learn that it is CITIBANK that doesn't want this feature to be available for Quicken users.

So first question is, WHY? If I can do a 2FA login to Citi, why should I not be able to do a one-step download? I have never been contacted by anyone from Citi about this issue.

For for the past year or more, I have had to download each a QFX file for each of my five Citibank acounts. That is a multi-step and sometimes error-prone procedure. In a QFX file Quicken is unable to detect duplicate transactions, so I end up wasting lots of time every time I balance a monthly statement.

If I could create a new Citi login ID and reenroll my various accounts and auto-download transactions, I would do that in a heartbeat.

@tralfamadore Do you have any phone numbers, rep contact names, etc, that we can all call? Or better yet, I would write a strong letter to https://www.citigroup.com/global/about-us/leadership/jane-fraser the CEO of Citibank. I just need something to work with. I'm not shy that way and in the past, letters to a CEO of some company have gotten a personal response. I would point out the disconnect between the nice round mealy-mouth corporate speak words on her webpage and the reality. In part

better position the firm for the speed and complexities of the digital age.

valued personal bank in its home market of the U.S.

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
  • tralfamadore
    tralfamadore Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Phil Burton : No one specific. I just asked the Citibank rep for anyone who could answer questions about Quicken access to auto-downloads.

This discussion has been closed.