Vanguard Cash Plus Account - Any Solutions?

Options
baehrtime
baehrtime Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Has Vanguard / Quicken ever actually solved setting up a Vanguard Cash Plus Account? Several Closed strings without solution.

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Switch back to the Federal MMF as your clearing account. It pays better interest and is more responsive to moves in interest rates. Buy a short-term CD at a better rate than Cash Plus if you want the FDIC coverage.

• baehrtime
    baehrtime Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm looking for someone to actually answer the question.

BTW, Cash Plus higher yield than Vanguard Federal MM

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

FWIW, VMFXX has a 5.29% 7-day yield vs. Cash Plus APY of 4.7%.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Cash option for the settlement fund. I didn't know they were piloting the bank-like feature. I used the cash settlement fund option for a month and switched back because VMFXX was paying a better rate and it behaved in Quicken.

It looked to me back then that Vanguard was not creating correctly formed OFX files on their server. You might try asking Vanguard OFX tech support for help. To the extent you can show that the OFX log in Quicken is getting the information it needs to create transactions in the account register, you can contact Quicken Support for help.

• baehrtime
    baehrtime Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, Vanguard Cash Plus is a separate account from Vanguard Brokerage. It's not in Brokerage. It's not a sweep account. it's actually a high yield savings. But it certainly does not behave well in Quicken, since I just can't get it set up. I've tried about 10 different set up scenario's. My broker says it is on Vanguard's list of online updates. But I'm waiting for him to get me to a Vanguard Quicken Tech person. I'm thinking a Vanguard person might be easier to get to a solution than a Quicken Support person. I've had other odd problems with Vanguard on Quicken over the years.

This discussion has been closed.