FedChoice FCU and Quicken

Options
Chip
Chip Member ✭✭

Fed Choice FCU is no longer working with quicken. It won't reset. I've deleted connection with FedChoice. When I try to add it back FedChoice FCU does not appear in the list of financial institutions.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmmm … I just tried to add an account with FedChoice Federal Credit Union and it still appears on my list of supported banks.

When using Tools / Add Account, the first thing that this process does is to download a fresh copy of the Fidir.txt file, the list of supported banks. Of course, your computer must be connected to the Internet and be able to reach the Quicken server for this to work.

Having just accessed the Add Account function myself, the Fidir.txt file on my computer has today's date stamp.
    Look in Windows File Explorer for the file in the location shown below. It should have a recent date and be about the same file size as shown.

• Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken Classic for windows. I found Fed Choice in the menu. It's giving me a CC-503 error. My user id and password are correct. [Removed - Inaccurate] Several institutions I use have dropped quicken.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Totally different can of worms, then.
    Complain to the office of the bank's president about the lack of support and request they provide you with a secure alternate method to download transactions into Quicken.
    If all else fails, consider changing banks.

• Paul Holland
    Options

I'm also having problems now connecting to FedChoice. I'm hoping it's because FedChoice needs to update something on their side rather than them dropping Quicken auto-downloading altogether. I sent them a message about it. In the meantime, you can download transaction history info via their website to a quicken file for import to the Quicken software.

• Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    Options

FedChoice told me last week they were aware of problems with Quicken. I haven't tried to reconnect. Navy FCU is experiencing the same issue. Navy says the problem is with Quicken.

• Liz Broyles
    Options

Chatted with FedChoice today, and yes, they say Quicken is "down" on their end. They have no estimated time for resolution, but they state they will send out an e-mail when the problem is resolved.

• Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    Options

Fed Choice told me today the issue is with quicken. I agree. I'm having the exact same issue with Navy FCU. Quicken has issues with one step update. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. Usually I have run each account that is working individually and often I have to perform a reset. Quicken spends too much effort adding new features and ignoring the problems with the existing ones.

• Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    Options

FedChoice finally convinced Quicken the CC-503 error was a Quicken Issue. Navy FCU opened a work ticket with Quicken. The issue is still not fixed.

This discussion has been closed.