Bank of America not working after update - deleted online connection - QWin

Options
dannavarra
dannavarra Member

Quicken updated to the latest version this morning (10/1/2023) and all 5 of my Bank of America accounts have been deleted!! American Express and others are fine! Going back to Friday’s backup did not help!  
What is the fix for this? I have been using Quicken since 1989 and this is a first!!

Answers

• jsamic
    jsamic Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue with my B of A accounts.

• jfa1968
    jfa1968 Member
    Options

Same or me.

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue but has nothing to do with a recent Quicken or Windows update.

• Wil
    Wil Member ✭✭
    Options

Same for me … ran a One Step Update (OSU), and Quicken is throwing me CC-800 errors … says all four Bank of America (BofA) accounts "have been deleted." Went through the "Fix It" process several times, and got the confirmation from BOA that my accounts were properly authorized for third party Quicken access. Unfortunately, that did nothing to solve the OSU failures for my BOA accounts. I did NOT (as the CC-800 message posits), restore from a backup file. All other accounts are updating fine … issue for me is with BofA only.

• jsamic
    jsamic Member ✭✭
    Options

All my BofA accounts were linked in Quicken to "Bank of America - All Other States". I seem to have fixed the issue mentioned above by deactivating all my BofA accounts in Quicken and then reactivating them to "Bank of America - Quicken". They are now downloading into Quicken as they should and I am no longer receiving the error that they were deleted.

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same as @jsamic above. Reconnected using "Bank of America - Quicken" and both of my BofA accounts seem to work again (at least, no errors)

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't have to do that with my BofA account, but it sounds like BofA IT admins made a server change. The IT department I worked in would always do maintenance late Saturday to early Sunday morning, so experiencing a change Sunday is not a surprise.

• Wil
    Wil Member ✭✭
    Options

+1 on the jsamic above idea … Upon re-adding my BOA accounts, I reconnected using the "Bank of America - Quicken" option, rather than "Band of America - Other States." After some glitches with correct alignment of the accounts, it's all fine now with my BofA accounts. For me, the financial institution went back to "BOA - Other States" for some reason, but it's all working so whatever.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

would just like to clarify “deleted” -

Were they merely disconnected from One Step Update - and the Quicken Account was still there with all the data ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Texbox
    Texbox Member
    Options

Same issue here. I now have 4 BofA accounts not connecting/updating, Fidelity/Elan Financial, and Kohl's unable to update. Almost daily I have to update one or two other accounts again to get them to connect and update.

So at least 1/3 of my accounts have issues.

Pretty sure I won't be renewing my subscription when it comes up.

• Wil
    Wil Member ✭✭
    Options

@Ps56k2 … Yes, disconnection, Quicken file still had the data, BOA still had the accounts … "deletion" verbiage is from the Quicken error message. So, Quicken tells me one or more of my accounts as been "deleted" (what? 😯) then sends us down a rabbit hole of a "Fix it" that did nothing.

• Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Me too…very annoying…something is broken. I'm having to reestablish and reauthorize my BOA each time.

Is Quicken working on this???? It's not listed as a currently known problem. I've just reported this to Quicken.

• woppenhe
    woppenhe Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem over the past month. Very annoying. I finally get it going and up to date, and the next day we are back to deactivating, resetting, etc. There is something going on with Bank of America that is not compatible with many of us.

This discussion has been closed.