BECU Connection

Options
Coopdavillage
Coopdavillage Member ✭✭

For all of those wondering about why we cant connect with BECU for updates.

It's because BECU has found a security issue with the Quicken product and has told them to fix it. They have a dedicated team trying to work with Quicken to correct the issue but apparently its all on Quicken not BECU.

So Quicken? when are you going to fix this security issue so that we can start using the product properly again? We are paying for a service that you currently are not providing.

Because right now we are having to download the QFX files and frankly those are hit or miss as to their functionality. Which is also a quicken problem. Not to mention the other issues that i personally have reported multiple times that still have yet to be corrected.

Things like it resetting my Bills "Due in" pulldown constantly resetting. Its also placing transactions in the wrong account and i have to constantly monitor and correct it.

So in conclusion please fix the problem! [Edited - Readability]

Comments

• Coopdavillage
    Coopdavillage Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yeah… I'm about to start submitting error reports on a daily basis till they get it fixed.

It's also having issues connecting with other accounts. I'm sure it's probably for the same reason….

I'm sure that if a lot more people did this as well then we would have a fix REAL quick 😏.

• KBurke
    KBurke Member ✭✭
    Options

It is time to fix the connectivity problem between Quicken and BECU. I am tired of manually downloading everything - and can only download one acct at a time. This has been going on for way too long - what is the status??? I had to go thru this with you last year as well and it took forever to get a fix. Talk to us - what is the status???

• Jdwags
    Jdwags Member
    Options

Another long time quicken user that is getting really frustrated with the lack of communication. please fix this.

• R meyer
    R meyer Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Couldn't agree more [Removed - Rant]

• CAG61
    CAG61 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

So it seems like this is still going on with BECU. I couldn't connect and the support person told me it was a known issue. Looks like it has been for serveral weeks. Not fixing security issues quickly is a big red flag. Also I was told to check the community for when it is fixed. I must have missed where they have the post saying they are working on the problem. Anyone have the link to it? [Edited - Readability]

Lucky for me I am on the trial period but this seems to be a constant problem with Quicken.

• R meyer
    R meyer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

One more ticked-off quicken user. Just renewed by subscription not knowing of the issue. My updates have worked until making a change on one of the accounts at the bank. Now feeling ripped off given the well known issue.

• R meyer
    R meyer Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Now over a month old! [Removed - Rant]

• CoryC
    CoryC Member
    Options

Been a quicken user since 93, this product has gone down hill over the years and this is just another example of their rush to the bottom.

Anyone know about a good alternative? I hate to lose access to my historical data but it might be time to make the leap.

I looked at Mint but it seems they are having the same issues at BECU as Quicken. I'm more concerned with a solid product than first to have cool features.

• TomRF
    TomRF Member ✭✭
    Options

Count me in on being angry at BECU for its failure to communicate clearly with us about the problem. We shouldn't have to "just try it" once a week to see if it's fixed.

And doubly angry at Quicken for failing to fix this problem.. or BECU if it's actually their problem.

BECU has 1.4 million members and $28 billion in deposits. Quicken has $100 million in revenue. Too bad both companies haven't figured out how to treat their customers.

• Coopdavillage
    Options

Yeah its actually a Quicken problem. They have security flaws that BECU caught and told them about and they are not doing anything to correct them. so BECU blocked access to protect our accounts and info.

• cvc
    cvc Member
    Options

Downloads from many other financial intuitions still work, does that mean those accounts are exposed? Or are they using a different method from BECU? Should we be concerned?

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Since they closed the other thread, the updated count is now 129 days without a connection with BECU if you want to know. And I agree that somehow we aren't getting information cleanly from either party. If other financial institutions still work, then the problem is with BECU for not switching to their method of connections. And they have never been clear on what security flaws they discovered. So it appears that for all practical purposes, they have abandoned the Quicken connection or Quicken has abandoned any attempt to make the BECU connection work. Either way, 129 days is simply terrible customer service.

• R meyer
    R meyer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken - Do the right thing and either let us know if you are in fact working on the resolution of this connection matter or if you have abandoned BECU. The fact that this issue has been held in the shadows for months lacks any form of good faith dealing or customer advocacy.

• R meyer
    R meyer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have 8 accounts at BECU. What used to be a very simple process of updating and reconciling accounts has become a significant burden in the absence of the One Step Update. I find the downloading of transactions to be hit or miss and often leads to reconciling differences which require more time to resolve. The pounding the keys to do the entry is time consuming and frought with the possibility of keying errors. What alternatives have been found to eliminate the laborious processes other than switching banks or abandoning the software?

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not a BECU customer so have not run into this situation but it worries me! Does whatever the security problem is affect other institutions? What about my banks, credit unions, credit cards? Are they safe?

Does anyone know if the Quicken/BECU situation is more global?

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

148 days without a Quicken update from BECU, but I discovered an interesting side issue. If you include BECU in the OneStep update, the summary will also drop the CITI credit card off the list of financial institutions updated, even though the account has updated with additional transactions. Odd that the two banks would interact with OneStep update summary in this manner. If you do not include BECU in the OneStep, the CITI credit card WILL show up in the summary. Still, it's an increditable lack of concern on someone to get this fixed. 148 days. When do you have anything in your life that is out of service for 148 days that you think is a good thing?

• jimmbo2001
    jimmbo2001 Member ✭✭
    Options

Noticed this on BECU website this morning. Different wording.

• RA_RA_RA1
    RA_RA_RA1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Then Why Quicken???

From BECU Support Page….

This page provides information about operational issues affecting BECU systems including Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Telephone Banking, ATMs and other services.

Current Status

All systems are operational. No issues reported.  

• virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I spoke with a BECU representative this morning. The connection to BECU is not coming back. You will have to manually download the QFX file and import the file into Quicken.

Quicken Premier R54.16 Windows 10 Pro USA

This discussion has been closed.