NFCU now "requires" two iterations of the 2 Factor Authentication, again.

Options
johnodrake
johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

After release 54.9, when doing One Step Update, Navy FCU needs two iterations of 2FA to complete. This was the case in 2022 and into 2023 then it stopped. Now it is back.

Comments

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Today, 2FA did not work at all. The request appeared and when I selected the send method (I have text and email options) no code was received from NFCU. When I logged in to the site from Edge, things worked as they should with 2FA. I attempted to reset the account and received an error CC-501. I went back to the account and attempted to reset and the account showed set up like it wasn't set up at all and still would not connect to the server. I then restored the previous backup file (from a few minutes earlier). I repeated the process with the same result - Reset failed and removed the setup. I don't know if this has anything to do with the Quicken issue, but NFCU just recently changed its digital banking interface.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am also seeing the CC_501 error code today. I suspect that the significant changes that NFCU made to its website in the last couple of days is the cause, since the download method is EWC. BTW - those recent website changes are NOT an improvement in my view…

I am hoping that things get back to normal soon.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I spoke with NFCU yesterday. There were several issues that I brought up with the "new and improved" GUI. One was that messages would not display. I unloaded on them about how bad the new interface was. Today when I logged on, it was back to the old interface.

That said, Quicken still does not complete the 2FA and nothing is downloaded. I did the download manually from NFCU site. This needs to be fixed and soon.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Hi again @johnodrake ,

Thanks for the update. Interestingly, when I went to the website today I am still seeing new interface… (However I did notice that there is a link at the top that allows you to select the OLD interface for a limited time)

And when I tried to download, I am still seeing the same "failure to return a security code" which of course results in a failure to download any data and the CC-501 error code. SMH

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Frankx, You are getting similar results but different error messages.

This morning, I was able to complete the one step update and NFCU 2FA seemed to function but had to do it twice - no error codes but nothing downloaded either. I did the manual download from NFCU and got the single new posted transaction and the correct online balance. ( I have learned to select a narrow date range to prevent downloading a bunch of previously reconciled transactions as new transactions that I have to delete :) )

I then went to the account and attempted to update. In this effort I got a cc-501 error and was not able to connect to "Quicken Servers" I then tried to reset the account and got the same error and the Online services tab showed "set up now"

Seems to me that Quicken and NFCU have a comms problem that they need to put their collective heads together to resolve.

Side note: I logged into NFCU site and went directly to the classic GUI. I note you have been a Quicken User since 1984 I started in 1994 (Used Managing Your Money prior). I have been a NFCU member for 55 years and I am about ready to stop using NFCU as my primary bank because of issues like this. Were you USN when AD? JD

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

Hi John & others on this thread,

My NFCU accounts downloaded correctly today, without any errors and with no actions in Quicken on my part. I believe that the issue was NFCU's problem and may have been related to the significant changes they recently made with their website. In that regard, I did revert to the old (they say "classic") version this morning, but I doubt that it affected my downloading.

If you are still having issues, I would suggest that you try to connect again either today or tomorrow.

Frankx

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken connected properly yesterday and today. While having to do 2FA twice per instance of OSU does not cause harm, and has been an issue before, it is ongoing and it is an annoyance. The previous time this happened, it seemed to fix itself as it just "went away". NFCU is aware of the issue.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This morning, (1/30/2024) I received a product update to R 54.16. The Onestep Update required, once again, two iterations of the 2FA to complete the update. This time though, while the update showed complete, there were three new transactions and they did not download. Neither did the online balance update. I downloaded the transactions manually. The manual download downloaded the three new transactions and the online balance.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken attempted to download from NFCU today. It did not download from my main account xxx702 but was successful from the other 4 accounts. When I used the reset, Quicken reported an error of not being able to connect to the Quicken servers and then showed the set-up download dialog. When trying to do a setup, I got the same error of not being able to connect to the Quicken servers. When I attempted to reset one of the accounts that had successfully downloaded previously, the reset failed and received the same error message.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken still reports no downloads from NFCU. There were 2 transactions that I was able to download manually. Trying to reset the account still kicks the account out of online download and shows set up now dialog. EC 501. The dialog says that the problem is connecting to the Quicken Servers. I have attached a picture, since the program will not allow me to copy.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There has been no change to this problem. Still requires 2 iterations of the 2FA to initiate download. The "download" appears normal in that OSU reports complete with no errors for NFCU, no transactions are downloaded. Manual download works. All 5 NFCU accounts are involved.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is still ongoing and when I try to reset, I still get the CC-501 error as noted in the screenshot above.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there any progress being made with the Quicken to NFCU interface problem?

• isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This morning, I'm getting no 2FA from NFCU when trying to update via Quicken. Web site works fine. 2FA from other places work fine.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see I am not the only one with issues with NFCU. I still get the 2FA requirement two times. I get no downloads, though the manual download from the NFCU site works. I still get the same CC-501 error reported earlier when trying to reset. After trying to reset the Quicken reverts to set up download but gives the cc-501 error when attempting to set up (see screen shot above). Is Quicken actively working this problem?

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

Having issues with this as well this morning. Now it's asking for three (3) 2FAs. I think there is an issue that needs to be investigated.

Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
This discussion has been closed.