"Still Connecting...."

Options

There are still, to this day, many billers that display this error message while attempting to refresh bills. Will this ever be fixed?

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Will this ever be fixed?

IMHO, not any time soon. There are too many moving parts that would have to work together for this to work flawlessly. I'm thinking of this as "trying to herd cats".

Please consider this alternative to using Bill Manager. Many banks and billers, in an attempt to better secure their computer systems from hackers, no longer support third-party data aggregators like Quicken, Intuit, etc.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I do not use Quicken to actually pay bills, but to notify and track. All my actual money movement is done via the institutions directly.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In that case I recommend you stop trying to use billers if they don't want to play ball.
    Using Autopay with the billers and appropriate scheduled reminders to help recording transactions in Quicken is all you can do in these cases.

• Steve Jones
    Steve Jones Member ✭✭
    Options

Because of Quicken Online Biller software's inability to successfully work I have had to resort to paying my bills manually online at each biller's site. I have put in a few tickets and have talked at length with Quicken technical support. The typical response is that I am doing something wrong, or their software is installed wrong or maintained incorrectly such as my cached files for Quicken are malformed or too big. None of this has been on my installation or my filesizes. The final blame if none of those are enough to persuade the discussion to end, which tends to be their goal when they cannot figure out why their software is failing, is to blame the biller's site or system. I believe some of the issues are the software's failure to handle two-factor authentication. My billers that do not use it tend to work and sometimes my two-factor billers work but mostly they do not. I have seen Quicken software raise a dialog prompting for the code that the biller has sent so I know the Quicken software has implementation for two-factor authentication. Lastly on the list of blames from Quicken support is they will say they use a third party service to handle these type of transactions. That may be true but Quicken is still responsible. They cannot hide behind the their contractor nor their contractor's apparent software issues.

Honesty I do not know why I continue to purchase the subscription for Quicken each year. The only thing that works well for me is the register and its ability to download transactions from my bank. I like to keep track of things in the registry. That is about the only feature, as well as their online bill paying service that I use. And half of those features work questionably at best.

Consider this post another data point for those having the same problem and wondering if it your situation only. Know that it is not and you are not alone. These problems have been going on for literally years and years. There was a point when Quicken software was written extremely well. But over the company ownership changes and perhaps software and QA department management changes we end up with what we have now.

This discussion has been closed.