Importing 2023 Quicken data into TurboTax 2023 - not working ?

Options
2»

Answers

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW, I just spent a few hours on the phone with a few TurboTax support reps on the importing from Quicken to desktop TurboTax directly. I told them that it would only report a non-specific error message that included "Try again later!" I told them that the import didn't work using a new Quicken datafile in which I imported 1 bank account and set the appropriate deposits to a 1099-R tax category. Tried again with a completely empty new Quicken datafile. Same error message. Final TurboTax rep I spoke to said that as long importing from .TXF files worked as described in their Help article, their Tech Escalation group are not interested. Now, this could all change silently in the next few months but still it is disappointing.

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Time to sell INTU !!!!!

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wonder if there is any chatter on this subject over on the TurboTax forum…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    Options

I just tried it after today's TT update and it works now. It seems to be converting .QDF to .TXF prior to import, which is new.

But I never found importing Q to TT to be very useful.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Nils
    Nils Member ✭✭
    Options

It is now 2/9/24 and trying to import 2023 data from Q (windows) to TT: Import from Quicken failed. Please try again. The txf file is useless for Windows. Any suggestions?

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Worked for me.

I did get the warning of "Please try again" but when I did the try again it worked.

It seems like at least for me when I did the Import from TT and Quicken opened it caused the "Try again" error.

Once Quicken was open I did the "Try again" it worked.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• klozaw
    klozaw Member
    Options

I'm trying to import the 2023Tax Schedule from Quicken Business and Personal Ver R54.16 build 27.1.54.16 for windows into TT 2023 Home & Business WinPerRelease Ver 023.000.0435 

As others have said, this used to be soooo easy.

When importing last year's 2023 schedule: It does NOT work. On a whim I tried importing the current YTD 2024 information. 2024 was imported without issue.

So there has to be some kind of BUG somewhere. HELP!

Here is what I got when trying to import 2023's information. Remember, 2024's YTD imported fine:

1st try chose Quicken (2023, 2022, 2021) to import from -->select my Quicken Data File--> then TaxSchedule RESULT: "The import file is not a TXF file!"

2nd try: chose Other Financial Software (TXF file) --> same result "The import file is not a TXF file!"

Anyone else see this issue?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@klozaw - this original discussion was about TTax not initially working for Imports…. but that was fixed -

It is NOT the same as your problem -
    so please don't piggyback on any TTax discussion that merely implies an issue with Importing from Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

klozaw,

This has not been fixed. TTax 2023 will not import from quicken directly and retry, as in error message, does not work either.

• jmattioni
    jmattioni Member
    Options

So now it's mid-March and the TT import of Quicken data is still not working. Why is this broken?

• mavtitle
    mavtitle Member
    Options

I'm still having problems importing my quicken file into turbotax. still getting the message that there seems to be some problem and I should download the txf file.