Quicken - Reports Print dialog menu issue vs screen size (edit)

Options
Mary Abu
Mary Abu Member
edited April 23 in Reports (Windows)

Quicken Deluxe 24 R55.15 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The following problem has been an issue for several years. When I highlight a report to print, it opens the report and then I hit print. The initial dialog box that comes up completely fills the window on my screen. (See screen shot below of initial dialog box). I am unable to scroll up or down or side to side. If I then put my cursor on the report to zoom in, another window opens which shows the report at full size. I can close the print screen which takes me back to the initial dialog box, but I can't close it or get out of it or click back into the open Quicken program. My only option is to go back to print and print the document. This then closes the dialog box. In dealing w Q tech support on a shared screen, I saw that at the bottom of the dialog screen were 3 options: preview, print, and cancel. These do not show up on my computer screen when the share screen is closed. The TS person said it is my computer, but I used to be able to close it in earlier versions of Q (perhaps prior to Q 22). Any other ideas of what I can do besides print the report to close the initial dialog box?

Thank you.

Mary Abu

Best Answers

• Mary Abu
    Mary Abu Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Ps56k2 and UKR. Thank you both for your quick responses and ideas. My laptop and PC are both at 1920 x 1080 which is what shows as recommended for both of these Dell computers. Interestingly while I can't close the dialog box on my PC, on my laptop I can see all the options top and bottom and can easily close the dialog. I'm a little reluctant to mess with the screen resolution on the PC. I do think the Alt + F4 suggestion is the simplest and it works fine. So again really appreciate you both weighing in with ideas the TS person didn't suggest. You both are awesome. Mary

• Mary Abu
    Mary Abu Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello UKR. I did try the report with the view large fonts disabled. You were correct in that the entire dialog box with the options showed up at a smaller scale on my PC. Unfortunately, w my eyesight, the larger fonts work much better. Still your Alt + F4 is an easy and elegant solution to the issue wo compromising other aspects my computer. Thanks again for the ideas. You both gave me the opportunity to learn a lot of new tricks and areas of Win & Q to dive into. Ps56k2: go Bucky. I see you must be a Badger….

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it appears the Print screen can not be resized - but mine shows fine -

So - what is the resolution of your computer screen -
    my laptop is currently - 1280x800 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you cannot change the screen to use a higher resolution …

It looks to me as if the line with the Print and Cancel buttons is obscured by the Windows Taskbar.
    Have you tried making the Taskbar go away for a moment when you move the mouse pointer towards the bottom of the screen?
    Check your Taskbar settings …

Pressing Alt plus the F4 key will close the window.

• Mary Abu
    Mary Abu Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Ps56k2 and UKR. Thank you both for your quick responses and ideas. My laptop and PC are both at 1920 x 1080 which is what shows as recommended for both of these Dell computers. Interestingly while I can't close the dialog box on my PC, on my laptop I can see all the options top and bottom and can easily close the dialog. I'm a little reluctant to mess with the screen resolution on the PC. I do think the Alt + F4 suggestion is the simplest and it works fine. So again really appreciate you both weighing in with ideas the TS person didn't suggest. You both are awesome. Mary

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the PC, have you turned on "View / Use large fonts"?
    If so, and if possible without causing eye strain, try turning it off and see if that makes the windows fit completely.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    Options

My laptop and PC are both at 1920 x 1080 

weird that the dialog box appears so BIG with your larger resolution than my laptop at 1280x800 -
    It would be interesting to see how your whole screen looks compared to mine ….

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mary Abu
    Mary Abu Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello UKR. I did try the report with the view large fonts disabled. You were correct in that the entire dialog box with the options showed up at a smaller scale on my PC. Unfortunately, w my eyesight, the larger fonts work much better. Still your Alt + F4 is an easy and elegant solution to the issue wo compromising other aspects my computer. Thanks again for the ideas. You both gave me the opportunity to learn a lot of new tricks and areas of Win & Q to dive into. Ps56k2: go Bucky. I see you must be a Badger….

This discussion has been closed.