Why did my opening balance disappear?

Options

Quicken downloaded an automatic updated today. I downloaded the mobile app today as well. When I did a one step update my register balance was -2704.71 but the balance on the account list was $928. Finally discovered that my opening balance was no longer in the register. I opened up an older backup and tried again and the same thing happened - my opening balance disappeared when I did a One Step Update. I tried entering the opening balance on the register which made that balance appear correct, but it also added it to the account balance on the left, so now it was wrong, too. Any ideas?

Answers

• AAW7882
    AAW7882 Member
    Options

Logged back in today and did another One Step Update and now the opening balances are missing from both checking and Savings and the account list and the register are both showing the negative. I was able to successfully add them back in and the balances are right on the account list and register, but we'll see what happens tomorrow. Has to be something with the update.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tnx - it seems that Quicken randomly changes the Opening Balance -

Is yours changed to some random number - or is the transaction line item totally gone ?

We have suggested that users copy the amount in the Opening Balance to the Memo field for safe keeping …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AAW7882
    AAW7882 Member
    Options

mine just disappeared. I've been hiding Quicken for at least 10 years and have never had this happen before, that's why I figured it had something to do with the upgrade. Seems like an easy thing to fix if they would just have a spot to set your opening balance and lock it!

This discussion has been closed.