building a custom report

Options
sheria
sheria Member ✭✭
edited April 30 in Reports (Windows)

I made an error when I set up a new credit card. I have a Delta American Express, and a US Bank American Express. When I downloaded the transactions some of the Delta American Express transactions actually went into the US bank account and vice versa.

I now have it fixed but would like to create a report of the 2 credit cards so I can delete the ones that are duplicate. Is that possible?

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can create a Transaction report by going to Reports > Banking > Transaction. Then customize it to select the two credit card accounts. When it opens you can then set the sort at the top of the report to "Date/Account". If you have transactions duplicated within the two accounts this may help you identify the duplicates.

Answers

• Richard Schreyer
    Richard Schreyer Member ✭✭
    Options

Go to the CC register, click on gear icon, click on more reports, click on register report, it should show all transactions

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can create a Transaction report by going to Reports > Banking > Transaction. Then customize it to select the two credit card accounts. When it opens you can then set the sort at the top of the report to "Date/Account". If you have transactions duplicated within the two accounts this may help you identify the duplicates.

• sheria
    sheria Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, I believe this is what I need. However can you help me a bit more? I have followed reports/banking/transactions/ and customize report. Specifically - how do I select the 2 credit cards I need ? I see an entire list of all my Payees - but not sure the process of selecting the 2 that I need? I appreciate your help!

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Click the gear and go to the accounts tab and select only those two accounts

This discussion has been closed.