Learn & Support
Sign In / Create Account
Quicken for Windows
FAQ: How to get started as a new Quicken for Windows user
edited July 2018
Are you new to Quicken?
If so, welcome. May I recommend a little light reading?
edited March 2017
Getting Started Guide
is available here:
What's new in Quicken 2016?
Check out the
Money Management Tips
and watch some videos:
In Quicken, you can get to additional helpful material:
- Click the Tips & Tutorials tab(*), review the tutorials and video clips.
- Or click on Help in the Menu Bar, then click on
(or simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken). Review the books in the Contents tab. Click on books, book titles or chapters to reveal more information. Or perform a keyword search and read the articles pointed out by the search results.
- In a Quicken view, if you see a yellow dot with a question mark in it, click it to get specific help for the form or view you are currently displaying.
Do you have questions?
- Here on QLC, someone may have posted a similar question already. Click Search at the top of this webpage.
- Also while on the QLC Community webpage, take a look at the
Frequently Asked Questions
area by clicking the
button, then click the
(*) If the Tips & Tutorials tab doesn't show, click on Tools in the Menu Bar, then hover the mouse over "Tabs to show" and, one after the other, click any as yet unchecked (and not grayed out) choice, including Tips & Tutorials. See attached image for reference.
Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
Questions? Check out the
Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.