FAQ: Register messed up, missing transactions or not showing transactions as it used to.

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in FAQ'S (Windows)

"I must have done something ... I'm not sure what I did, but now my register is all messed up.

It's not showing the transactions as it used to.

A lot of transactions appear to be missing."

I'm using Quicken for Windows.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Filtered register? Unexpected register sort order? "Missing" data?

Could it be that your account register in Quicken is

- filtered to show only certain transaction types or
    - sorted in some unexpected way other than by Date or
    - limited to a certain Date Range or
    - perhaps only showing the results of a search instead of "all transactions"?

Filtered register?

Check the filter settings (on top of the register). Is the register filtered in any way to only show selected transactions? If so, click the Reset button to reset the filters.

To show all transactions in the register, the Filter settings should be:
    "All Dates", "Any Type", "All Transactions".

Date Range filter selection excludes the dates you're interested in?

Check the Date Range filter to see if it prevents you from seeing the dates
    you're interested in. For example, a Date Range = "This Year" won't
    show you last year's transactions

Only Search results shown?
    Is there any text in the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of the account register?

If there is text and a (red) X, click the X to reset the register from showing only search results back to normal mode.

Unexpected Register sort order?
    Is the register sorted in any way other than by ascending Date? Look at the register's column header ... which column header is highlighted and/or has the little black triangle?

About Register sort order:

For best results, your account register should be sorted by Date in ascending order.

Click a register column header to effect a different sort order by the clicked column. Click the same column header again to toggle between ascending and descending sort order.
    A small triangle next to the column header indicates the sort order: ˄ pointing up for ascending or ˅ pointing down for descending sort order.

For more Register Sorting Options, click the Account Actions gear icon then click Sorting Options. Review and work with the available sorting options to see what they do.

New transactions appear to go missing right after you save them?
    For example,  you are entering a number of back-dated transactions and they appear to disappear ... they're most likely above the currently shown transactions page in the register and you have to scroll up to see them. To keep them on the screen, Sorting Option "By Order Entered" will help keep these transactions on the bottom of the register, next to the new transaction entry line. Just don't forget to re-sort the register by Date when you're done.

[text revised, UKR, 4/17/2019]
This discussion has been closed.