cannot print invoices

Cannot print anymore

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you very much for posting enough information that we can begin to guess why you can't print invoices. Did you really think anyone could solve your problem?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    [mention://67964 @ggrotyohann]
    Do you really think, biting the customer's head off is going to provide a better answer?
    How about we ask for more details, politely ...

[mention://2872827 @mountainsmusic]
    we need more information so we can try to determine what's wrong.
    What changed on your computer since the last time you successfully printed invoices?
    Did you upgrade Windows?
    Did you add / modify / delete a custom logo image to be printed on an invoice?
    Did you change printers or printer drivers?
    Other significant changes or events related to Quicken?
    We also need to know what version and release of Quicken you are using. Click Help / About Quicken to determine year/version and release.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I wouldn't call that "biting the customer's head off". It was sarcasm. Why didn't the OP politely include more info about not being able to print invoices?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Sorry I did not offer more info, the form greatly restricts how much information one can share; I kept TRYING to compose a test case with all the facts and tests I did, and it kept zapping my post; really frustrating. Anyhow, am using Windows10, and an Epson WF-2540 printer. I can print an invoice list okay; I just saw that I could do that okay tonight. I can print all kinds of other things from Quicken. But I CANNOT print out any individual invoice(s) as I have done for months and months. No, haven't upgraded or changed anything before this all happened. (though since then, I've tried reinstalling Quicken several times; also uninstalled/reinstalled printer as well, though I have not had any trouble printing from any other program. I can't, by the way, do a print preview anymore first to see my invoice (I normally should be able to do so). I am thinking of buying the Q Home & Business Starter (or Deluxe?) version, (just replace my current Premiere version) and if one of those WILL print okay, I'm fine getting the extra program, I only need to be assured that my lists of invoices; my mileage tables, and some other data items will move over into the new program seamlessly ... 'cause if it will print my invoices, I'd be very happy with the program. I checked with sales support last night, but they explained there's no "trial package" to try out Quicken H&B starter or Deluxe ...hmm, ... but there s a return policy ... but gee, ought t work, my guess. anyhow any thoughts would be greatly appreciated; Again my apologies for the uninformative opening post. Thanks Michael
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh sorry, I'm using Q H&B 2015 Release R8 (24.1.8.1)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Okay, got it fixed: the business card (logo) I include on my invoices has to be a *.bmp file, not a *jpg file (or anything else presumably ...?) .... gee, a simple error dialog box saying something like: "STOP! You need to use a bmp file for a graphic on your invoice" ... hmm, .. I don't get it though .. I don't think (???) I started the new logo until after this issued spring up ... hmm, not sure. Anyhow, I'm all good now. thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Okay, got it fixed: the business card (logo) I include on my invoices has to be a *.bmp file, not a *jpg file (or anything else presumably ...?) .... gee, a simple error dialog box saying something like: "STOP! You need to use a bmp file for a graphic on your invoice" ... hmm, .. I don't get it though .. I don't think (???) I started the new logo until after this issued spring up ... hmm, not sure. Anyhow, I'm all good now. thanks.

A problem with the business logo image file causing invoices not to print ... that's unfortunately a long standing problem. I hope, Intuit eventually will get it fixed, but they're so good in creating new piles of problems that I'm not holding my breath. :-(
    Because I knew about this issue, I mentioned it in my first response, to get you looking in the right direction.
    I hope you saved your customized invoice to a different invoice layout name. There's a good chance that a version (year) upgrade installs a new default invoice form, wiping out your customizations.

About Quicken feature levels:
    "Starter Edition" is the lowest feature level, followed by Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business and Rental Property Management. Each higher feature level includes all the lower levels' features.
    There is no "H&B Starter" or some such combination.
    If you "downgrade" from H&B to any lower feature level, you loose all H&B functionality.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016

Aaargh, it's the same thing every year, after I do my year-end copy and start my new file.  Generally, I go and edit the logo and everything is fine.  This year that's not working.  I'm at my wit's end, don't know what to do.  I'm using 2015 Home & Business.  I don't upgrade the software every year, so have no intent to do that this year.  Upgrades always cause more issues than they help, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right??  Except this darned print invoice issue ....  Does anyone have another suggestion?  I even tried deleting the logo altogether and printing without, and it won't go.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016

Okay, I got it working.  Not only did I have to verify my logo file, but it helped to select the file by browsing back to the root directory and selecting each folder along the way to manually navigate back to the logo.  What a pain, but I'm (literally) back in business again.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread.. Was driving me batty. Could print ANYTHING but an invoice and last did successfully in April. SO who knows what changed, but this IS the solution. Simply browsing back to the logo file cured it instantly.
This discussion has been closed.