Quicken for Mac 2016 v3.2 Released

Options
2»

Comments

• Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

hfm wrote: So I'll take you up on the "tell us quickly if there's a problem" thing. The whole credit card transfer / online thing seems to be really messed up.  All I want is to pay my monthly credit card from my checking account (at a different bank). 

<Quicken Marcus> First off thanks for reporting your issue in this forum post so we can find it and respond quickly.  Here's how the Direct Connect Bill Pay / Credit Card feature should be used.

1. Select the account you want to use to pay your bills.
    2. Click on the + button on the bottom toolbar to add a new transaction.
    3. A new tab appears at the top of the transaction area called Online Payment.  Click on the Online Payment tab.
    4. In the Online Payment tab, click on the Online Payment checkbox.
    5. Type the payee you want to pay using Quicken.
    6. Click on the date you want the payment to be deducted from your account and the pay date.  In the example below it takes about a week before the payment will arrive.
    7. Once finished, click on the Pay Now button to create the transaction.
    8. In the register, the payment will now be marked as ready to be sent and an envelope icon appears.  Please remember that you will have to log into Quicken and sync to trigger the payment on this date.
    9. Also in the register, change the Transfer column to the credit card account.  If you don't see the Transfer column click on the Columns button on the toolbar to turn it on.
    To sum it up, you are "paying" the credit card company via Direct Connect Bill Pay but marking it as a transfer within Quicken.  I think the issue you're running into is you're trying to do a Direct Connect Transfer which isn't the way you want to set this up because some credit cards don't consider a transfer a payment and they could mark your account as not being paid.  It is definitely confusing and if you have any suggests as to how to make it clearer we would be open to suggestions.
    JBB, I completely agree.  I just tried this out and it's very buggy.  We'll get this fixed.  I can't believe the test team missed this.  What I'm seeing is that if I click in the Transfer column and pick a credit card account it should NOT auto-switch to transfer.  It should remain on Payment.  This is a bug that must have been introduced just before we shipped probably because we fixed of another bug in this area.  2) As you suggest, a DC transfer should only be allowed for accounts in the same FI.  This also appears to be broken.  I think a lot of the issues fall out from the auto-switching to transfer.  We'll investigate more.  Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Like you said you can switch back to Payment after it auto-switches to Transfer and I thought this would work but what I'm seeing now is that when I open up the transaction again it seems to be selecting Transfer again.  Not sure if this happens because I open the transaction or if it's saved this way.  We'll investigate further.  

jeffreyroark3379 I think you might be running into the same bug where it's auto-selecting transfer.  It shouldn't be doing this.  We'll investigate further.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It totally makes sense that you would pay via the web site if Quicken doesn't provide you the flexibility you need.  It should work.  I didn't test this myself so I'll check in with the test team to see what's up.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options

<jacobs wrote> There is no beta testing project underway for Quicken Mac currently. Since they've started a staged release of version 3.2, it's a live product and not part of a beta test. It seems they're trying to get rapid feedback from customers using the new version to see if there are any showstopper issues before they release it to all users. (In older days, this might have been called a gamma test -- post-beta, wider base of users, doing a final safety check before widespread general release.)

<Quicken Marcus>jacobs is partially right.  We do have a staged roll out to make sure things are looking good in a release before we ship it to everyone but in this case 3.2 has been released to everyone.  Quicken as a product is very dependent on people's individual banks/financial institutions, environments and work flows so its very difficult to replicate everyone's situation in our test environment.  Ben M wrote that he thinks things get worse when he upgrades which is a perception that we are working hard to dispel but we can only do this by earning everyone's trust by releasing solid upgrades.  Upgrading is really important.  For example we made a bunch of El Capitan crash fixes in the recent releases and we can see that there are a tone of people still using older versions who are crashing constantly.  I'm guessing some of these people are leery of upgrading because of issues in the past.  The bottom line is that we always want to release stable versions that have no regressions but sometimes things get through that we don't intend or someone uses a feature in a way that we didn't test and we didn't catch an issue.  The next planned update is in a month which means any issues found in 3.2 won't be fixed until next month.  We want to get on a regular release cycle and to get away from trying to rush things out because people make mistakes when they are rushing.  Consistent, predictable and well planned releases should also lead to higher quality.  A big thank you to everyone who participates in these forums because you help us make the software better for the entire Quicken Mac community.

Can you open the Account Status window under the Window menu and see if there is an error message there? Direct Connect and Quicken Connect are 2 different processes and methods for downloading so its very likely one would work while the other doesn't.  I ran into something like this when I put a phone number in the account number field (xxx) xxx-xxxx in bill pay.  Direct Connect barfed on the parenthesis.  It started working once I eliminated the parenthesis.  Can you double check the account number field to make sure it just has numbers in it or see if there could be something else wrong with the way the direct connect bill pay is set up.  DC downloads won't work if the payment if not set up correctly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

<jacobs wrote> There is no beta testing project underway for Quicken Mac currently. Since they've started a staged release of version 3.2, it's a live product and not part of a beta test. It seems they're trying to get rapid feedback from customers using the new version to see if there are any showstopper issues before they release it to all users. (In older days, this might have been called a gamma test -- post-beta, wider base of users, doing a final safety check before widespread general release.)

<Quicken Marcus>jacobs is partially right.  We do have a staged roll out to make sure things are looking good in a release before we ship it to everyone but in this case 3.2 has been released to everyone.  Quicken as a product is very dependent on people's individual banks/financial institutions, environments and work flows so its very difficult to replicate everyone's situation in our test environment.  Ben M wrote that he thinks things get worse when he upgrades which is a perception that we are working hard to dispel but we can only do this by earning everyone's trust by releasing solid upgrades.  Upgrading is really important.  For example we made a bunch of El Capitan crash fixes in the recent releases and we can see that there are a tone of people still using older versions who are crashing constantly.  I'm guessing some of these people are leery of upgrading because of issues in the past.  The bottom line is that we always want to release stable versions that have no regressions but sometimes things get through that we don't intend or someone uses a feature in a way that we didn't test and we didn't catch an issue.  The next planned update is in a month which means any issues found in 3.2 won't be fixed until next month.  We want to get on a regular release cycle and to get away from trying to rush things out because people make mistakes when they are rushing.  Consistent, predictable and well planned releases should also lead to higher quality.  A big thank you to everyone who participates in these forums because you help us make the software better for the entire Quicken Mac community.

I did go to that window you asked about it just lists the 3 accounts I have enabled for BOA and says last connect OK, it was not ok and has not been since before your update. It says quicken can connect to internet there is no phone number options there or the windows I mention below.
    I checked the edit account window and direct pay is on and has a green dot and says direct connect.  The account number and routing number appear correct and the account name is what it has always been, the description box had the account number no leading zeroes but it had a dash between last 2 digits which I removed.  I then did another sync and it pulled down 3 out of 4 items that I manually paid on the website since this started.  I tried to send a payment to my cable Co and no luck and I get the preflight showing item and account window but it won't send check # column says to send.  I manually added the payment I sent on website yesterday. I tried the trouble shooting section and change setting to download all available transactions.  It wants to set the item below that one to the date of my last sync as it seems to think it has synced although it hasn't.
    Please fix this I need this to work or I will have to go back to 2007 mac version and straighten out 6 months of stuff.
    This did work fine until 3.2 is there way to downgrade I have the original installer I need to know the items to delete in order not to hose the reinstall and not ruin 2007 which is still installed but not used.  I did find my quicken file for this version which for some reason you guys have relegated to the application support folder in the library a scary place to me as a uninstall some day could delete this file, after all it is just a document file and should be where my other documents are in folders in my Documents folder in my user account. i have not moved in fear will make a new problem.
    Also you need to reinstate the window that shows all the items for an account that are downloaded to guarantee matches and to show what has come down such as ATM transactions which by the way there is one I KNOW THAT HAS OCCURRED SINCE THIS MESS BEGAN AND IS NOT COMING DOWN EITHER.  It is hard to look at the register and figure out what is new especially if you have been gone for a few weeks as I need to be sometimes the dates are old of the items before i left and I'm not sure what has posted or come down AND NOW I'M NOT SURE WHAT DID NOT COME DOWN.  I don't want to do manual entries or rely on Quicken connect as no bill pay.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

BTW the online balance seems to be correct and a check showed as paid on BOA site did not get marked paid.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi Marcus,

I appreciate your help. At this point I am more concerned that I cannot delete the duplicate transaction. Quicken tells me that it is a scheduled bill pay transaction that is pending deletion and won't let me delete it. The problem is that there is no matching transaction in Chase to delete, so I am stuck.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

<webraider1972> Can you please fix the quicken mobile logging out every time I go to use it bug that's been prevalent since 4.0?  I know it's not a mac issue but it's really bad and doesn't appear to have been addressed.

<Quicken Marcus> Thanks for reporting this issue.  Quite honestly is doesn't sound like a general bug but something that is unique to your phone which is hard for us to find and fix.  I personally don't see the issue on my phone.  Is anyone else seeing this?   I would suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it from scratch.  This will delete your data, configuration information and possibly the bad authentication token that is saved on your phone and in turn hopefully fixing the issue.  Please report back here if this works or not.  If you've tried this already, please also report back.

Thanks Marcus.  Yes this is an issue that we are aware of.  It's inconsistent but happens for few users.  We are hoping to get a fix out by next release.
  • EricO
    EricO Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

<Ben M wrote> I'm really starting to become worried at every update for Quicken 2016.  At first, I had lost access to a 401k because in the newer versions the FI is active and had other connection issues and now I feel like this is happening all over again.  Now this morning after the 3.2 update I am getting a 106 error from AMEX and loops on the login screen every though I have verified with AMEX that my login credentials still work.  And I am having the same connection difficulties with a Citi card returning a 101 error with an invalid login session key.  This is frustrating to say the least.

<Quicken Marcus> Ben, we don't believe this has anything to do with 3.2.  The errors you are reporting are from the bank transaction download service that we use so they aren't generated from Quicken Mac and it might be a coincidence that you are starting to see it now.  Of course we can't be sure so if others are starting to see this issue please report it here so we can see if there is a trend which would help us track down the problem.  Ben someone from our team will try to contact you directly to see if we can get your log files and track down your specific issue.  Thanks for reporting it.  

Marcus, I have two AMEX cards and during my weekly online update Saturday, my Amex Costco card updated fine but my Amex Blue card returned a Download Error 324 Account Marked as Dead. Neither are associated with Jet or Fidelity. Note that the Blue card had no new transactions to download.
  • John Randolph
    John Randolph Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Marcus,
    This has been an ongoing issue for some of us, and after installing the latest release Version 3.2.1 (Build 32.11402.100), the problem still exists.   I recently posted several comments to the Community, but thought it might help if I posted it here - a link to one of the posts follows.   One note not in this post is that I just noticed that I am unable to update several accounts (to my iPhone mobile app) although I run Sync. Hope this helps get this fixed.  Thanks
    https://qlc.intuit.com/replies/2953633
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

<Ben M wrote> I'm really starting to become worried at every update for Quicken 2016.  At first, I had lost access to a 401k because in the newer versions the FI is active and had other connection issues and now I feel like this is happening all over again.  Now this morning after the 3.2 update I am getting a 106 error from AMEX and loops on the login screen every though I have verified with AMEX that my login credentials still work.  And I am having the same connection difficulties with a Citi card returning a 101 error with an invalid login session key.  This is frustrating to say the least.

<Quicken Marcus> Ben, we don't believe this has anything to do with 3.2.  The errors you are reporting are from the bank transaction download service that we use so they aren't generated from Quicken Mac and it might be a coincidence that you are starting to see it now.  Of course we can't be sure so if others are starting to see this issue please report it here so we can see if there is a trend which would help us track down the problem.  Ben someone from our team will try to contact you directly to see if we can get your log files and track down your specific issue.  Thanks for reporting it.  

I have exactly the same problem -- spoke to Quicken representative who had no clue how to fix it.
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

hfm wrote: So I'll take you up on the "tell us quickly if there's a problem" thing. The whole credit card transfer / online thing seems to be really messed up.  All I want is to pay my monthly credit card from my checking account (at a different bank). 

<Quicken Marcus> First off thanks for reporting your issue in this forum post so we can find it and respond quickly.  Here's how the Direct Connect Bill Pay / Credit Card feature should be used.

3. A new tab appears at the top of the transaction area called Online Payment.  Click on the Online Payment tab.
    6. Click on the date you want the payment to be deducted from your account and the pay date.  In the example below it takes about a week before the payment will arrive.
    8. In the register, the payment will now be marked as ready to be sent and an envelope icon appears.  Please remember that you will have to log into Quicken and sync to trigger the payment on this date.
    9. Also in the register, change the Transfer column to the credit card account.  If you don't see the Transfer column click on the Columns button on the toolbar to turn it on.
    To sum it up, you are "paying" the credit card company via Direct Connect Bill Pay but marking it as a transfer within Quicken.  I think the issue you're running into is you're trying to do a Direct Connect Transfer which isn't the way you want to set this up because some credit cards don't consider a transfer a payment and they could mark your account as not being paid.  It is definitely confusing and if you have any suggests as to how to make it clearer we would be open to suggestions.
    I also see no improvement (in 3.2 over 3.1)  in paying my credit card account from a bank account when the account are at different FI. This seems to function as before...
  • magoodm
    magoodm Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Marcus,
    Can you you update us on how the team is doing on adding Quicken Bill Pay?
  • ninaz
    ninaz Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Marcus,
     I am not sure this is the correct place to ask this, but....

I was so pleased to see that you had addressed the problem of inaccurate face value showing in investments.  Thank you! I thought that would help with the other problem I have had since upgrading to 2016 for mac.  Unfortunately it appears that this release did not fix the problem where Quicken shows the wrong number of shares of a bond.  Because of this, there is no way to accurately calculate the cost basis.  Each time I attempt to add the cost basis, it tells me that there are shares missing from what was reported by the brokerage.  So I have 30,000 shares of a bond, but Quicken says the brokerage reported 300 and Quicken is tracking 3, with 297 shares unaccounted for. These are standard municipal bonds. I have accounts with 2 different brokers - Schwab and Ameriprise - and the problem exists with both accounts.  I reported this to Schwab months ago and have not heard back from them.  I had hoped this release would have finally fixed this.  

Is this something you plan to address in the future?
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options

We just released version 3.2.1 where we really fixed this issue.  It was still broken in 3.2.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Marcus,
    This has been an ongoing issue for some of us, and after installing the latest release Version 3.2.1 (Build 32.11402.100), the problem still exists.   I recently posted several comments to the Community, but thought it might help if I posted it here - a link to one of the posts follows.   One note not in this post is that I just noticed that I am unable to update several accounts (to my iPhone mobile app) although I run Sync. Hope this helps get this fixed.  Thanks

Hi johnr, please post stuff like this here so it gets on our radar.  I'm not personally aware of a general issue but I'll get this to the right people so they can investigate further.
  • John Randolph
    John Randolph Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Marcus,

Here's an update and an additional observation:
    I updated the account information in the Mobil App and was able to eliminate all Mobil "Error" indicators, but the balances on numerous accounts reflects the same incorrect (old) balance that appears on QM Online Balance after an All Account Update.  Speculation is that what ever the source of the Mobile App Account Balance is, the same "incorrect" source is referenced by the QM Update All Accounts.
  • Quicken Tamara
    Quicken Tamara Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Marcus,

That makes sense, since both Quicken Mac desktop and Quicken Mobile use the same aggregation service to retrieve data from the financial institutions. If you perform a Force Refresh in the desktop file, do you get the Online Balance you expect? (to perform Force Refresh, hold Option + Shift keys and click on Update button in Account Status window, then choose Force Refresh from the context menu)
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options
    magoodm said:

Hi Marcus,

Quicken Bill Pay is a big complex feature and will take us multiple months to develop.  Just to set everyone's expectations properly, it won't be part of the 2016 release.  The next things we're working on for 2016 customers are 12 month budgets and setting the investment as of date.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ninaz said:

Hi Marcus,
     I am not sure this is the correct place to ask this, but....

I was so pleased to see that you had addressed the problem of inaccurate face value showing in investments.  Thank you! I thought that would help with the other problem I have had since upgrading to 2016 for mac.  Unfortunately it appears that this release did not fix the problem where Quicken shows the wrong number of shares of a bond.  Because of this, there is no way to accurately calculate the cost basis.  Each time I attempt to add the cost basis, it tells me that there are shares missing from what was reported by the brokerage.  So I have 30,000 shares of a bond, but Quicken says the brokerage reported 300 and Quicken is tracking 3, with 297 shares unaccounted for. These are standard municipal bonds. I have accounts with 2 different brokers - Schwab and Ameriprise - and the problem exists with both accounts.  I reported this to Schwab months ago and have not heard back from them.  I had hoped this release would have finally fixed this.  

Is this something you plan to address in the future?

I'll contact you directly so we can try to figure out the issue.
  • magoodm
    magoodm Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    magoodm said:

Hi Marcus,

Thanks Marcus. I'm just glad to know that it is in fact on the way. Hopefully in  the 2017 release.
  • John Randolph
    John Randolph Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Marcus,

This obtains the same result as that described in the previous referenced post (8 steps).  Starting with the incorrect balance displayed for the selected account, then doing a forced refresh of that account from the Account Status window, results in no change to the displayed Online Balance for that account until another account is selected, and then you return to the previous account, at which time the correct Online Balance for that account is displayed, along with correct balances for the other affected accounts if you select those.
  • John Randolph
    John Randolph Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Marcus,

An additional thought, I believe the INCORRECT balances are the balances that were the actual balances the last time that I re-setup the Accounts.  Is there a "saved image" of the accounts retained as a "starting point" for the aggregation service that could be the source being referenced for the Online Balance?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    UPDATE: Today (the day after the scheduled received date) when I went to sync my accounts, Quicken attempted to send the transaction to Chase again. Since I still couldn't delete the transaction I gave it a try. Chase rejected the transaction since the date was in the past, but this attempt/rejection changed the transaction status from "scheduled to be deleted" to "to send" and therefore I was able to just manually delete the transaction. So, if anyone else is impacted by this bug, just wait it out and you should be able to remove the errant transaction once the date has passed. Now, hopefully the original bug will be fixed (matching issues with manually entered Quicken transactions to bill pay transactions entered at the FI).

[mention://92472 @Quicken Marcus] is there any update on how to fix my situation? I have a "pending" bill pay transaction that doesn't exist at my bank. I cannot delete it from Quicken as it thinks that it is "Scheduled to be Deleted", yet this transaction does not exist in Chase. I cannot do anything to resolve this.

Here were the steps that got me here:

Step 1: I entered a scheduled transaction in Quicken to record a $150 loan payment. A split transaction with $111.20 as a transfer to the loan account and $38.80 categorized as loan interest.
    Step 2: I logged into Chase and scheduled a bill pay transaction to make this loan payment.
    Step 3: The next time I synced my accounts in Quicken, the bill pay transaction from step 2 was downloaded into my account and did NOT match to the manually entered transaction in step 1.
    Step 4: I was unable to manually match the two transactions by drag and drop, even though they were the same payee and amount.
    Step 5: Since I had duplicate transactions, I manually deleted the manually entered transaction (since the other was downloaded and was flagged as a "paid" bill pay transaction.
    Step 6: The next time I synced my accounts in Quicken, a second bill pay transaction showed up. This did not show in my transaction count in the account status window. This transaction was for the same payee, but oddly enough it was for the $111.20 amount and not the $150.00.
    Step 7: I now had two transactions, one for $150 as a "paid" bill pay transaction and one for $111.20 as a "sent" bill pay transaction.
    Step 8: I tried merging them via drag and drop, but this did not work. I was not able to delete either transaction as they were paid and sent bill pay transactions. My only option was to attempt to cancel the $111.20 "sent" transaction.
    Step 9: I edited the transaction and on the online payment tab I selected the option to cancel. The transaction was changed to "scheduled to be deleted".
    Step 10: I have synced multiple times, but this transaction still shows as "scheduled to be deleted". Since there is no related transaction at Chase, it will never be deleted. The payment was scheduled to be delivered today and was therefore dated today, so I waited until today hoping that once the date passed it would let me delete it, but that is not the case. It still shows as "scheduled to be deleted".
    Step 11: I had to create a manual deposit for the same amount to offset the transaction so my balance is accurate. I am still unable to delete, edit, or merge the transaction.

This was all after upgrading to 3.2, so clearly the bug that was listed as resolved (bill pay transactions entered at FI failed to match manually entered transactions in Quicken) is still around. I am not sure what caused the issue in step 6.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    How about investment accounts?  using 3.2.1 and investment accounts simply don't work right.  Basic stuff.  I converted from windows 2015 to mac 2016 and am getting used to it, but the investment accounts may push me over the edge to go back.  I entered transactions and the shares aren't updating in the portfolio view. (my bank not listed, so have to enter manually) I also entered a transfer to take cash from the account and put into my checking account.  The transfer didn't show up in the checking account.  I had to enter it from the checking account for it work.  I tried setting up a dummy account to play with it and all the same things happened, so it doesn't appear to be a file conversion issue, just simple functionality not working.  I added a reinvested dividend and sold shares.  Neither transactions changed the share balance.  A slightly advanced feature would be to be able to track share lots and which ones we sold.  Looks like it defaults FIFO without any other options.
  • deanesfield
    deanesfield Mac Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Welcome back Marcus.  I have noticed in the droplists for the payee and category columns, do not scroll down past the down arrow (at the foot of the displayed portion of the lists). I have upgraded from the 3.1.0 version and didn't recall this issue, when it came obvious in the last few weeks. Since I input my transactions manually, I find this a little tiresome. I also hope that with the ownership change, that the Quicken group can expand their focus to include some Canadian issues, that seem to lacking in the last few years.
  • Steve Taff
    Steve Taff Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Marcus,

I can confirm johnr's final speculation. Using QM15. The incorrect balances for me are all from 1/19/16. I don't recall if that day I set up (re-setup) the accounts, updated QM15 to a new version, or what. BTW, the incorrect balances for me are only for Direct Connect accounts under cash/savings. Direct Connect credit card accounts don't show these symptoms.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    [mention://92472 @Quicken Marcus] i am having another bill pay matching issue. I hope you are still checking in on this post...

I had a manually entered transaction in Quicken about 2 weeks ago. Scheduled the bill pay for 3/31 in Chase. The transactions matched in the sense that the manual transaction got updated to pending. Now, today, the transaction re-downloaded and I again have duplicate bill pay transactions and cannot delete either of them. I am sure tomorrow I can, but want to make sure you know that this bug is definitely not resolved and I really regret setting up my Chase account for direct connect at this point. No offense, but this bill pay feature is a joke.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I had another weird thing happen today in 3.2.1. I have a scheduled transaction for my paycheck. It has many splits to track taxes, insurance, espp, 401k, etc. Basically it is for the average amount of my check as inflow and then the gross pay and all of the separate categories below. One of them is a transfer to my 401(k) account to offset the purchase transaction that occurs there.

For some reason, today, Quicken modified the inflow amount of my scheduled paycheck to be that of the amount in the transfer to 401k line. I didn't do anything to edit this, it just happened on its own for some reason.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sorry everyone.  I set up a rule in email to funnel all of the Quicken Live Community messages to a folder but then stopped seeing the Quicken Live Community updates and didn't realize people were commenting.  Oops.  Anyway, I'm back on it.  [mention://2799540 @dustinlh00] it sounds like you have a number of issues and thanks for the great detailed notes.  Let me see if I can get someone to follow up with you to try to reproduce the problem.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options
    smitty36 said:

How about investment accounts?  using 3.2.1 and investment accounts simply don't work right.  Basic stuff.  I converted from windows 2015 to mac 2016 and am getting used to it, but the investment accounts may push me over the edge to go back.  I entered transactions and the shares aren't updating in the portfolio view. (my bank not listed, so have to enter manually) I also entered a transfer to take cash from the account and put into my checking account.  The transfer didn't show up in the checking account.  I had to enter it from the checking account for it work.  I tried setting up a dummy account to play with it and all the same things happened, so it doesn't appear to be a file conversion issue, just simple functionality not working.  I added a reinvested dividend and sold shares.  Neither transactions changed the share balance.  A slightly advanced feature would be to be able to track share lots and which ones we sold.  Looks like it defaults FIFO without any other options.

There are a lot of items in the above paragraph and I'm not quite sure I'm parsing everything correctly but let me give it a try.

1) Transfers: What type of investment type did you use?  I just tried Payment/Deposit and that seemed to work fine.  Another possible issue is that by default we hide the special "Transfer" column which creates the transaction in both places.  Make sure to turn that column on to create the Transfer and to not use the Transfer category.  We do this because most people don't do manual transactions anymore so a "real" transfer isn't as important as it used to be.

2) Reinvested Dividend and sold shares not changing the share balance.  It's hard for me to answer this one.  This works so it's possible another setup issue.  Can you provide more information?

3) FIFO or other options.  Quicken Mac supports either FIFO or LIFO but it must be applied the same for each investment type.  Please take a look at Account Settings which is the button in the bottom right corner.
This discussion has been closed.