The price download for Scana is incorrect. You have it closing at 31.04 when it actually colsed at

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
The price download for Scana is incorrect.  You have it closing at 31.04 when it actually colsed at 71.99 according to my broker.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Neil,

I just came across your question while reviewing some older posts here in the Community. I'm sorry you haven’t gotten an answer to this question. Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer, but if the issue still exists, maybe other users will see my response and have some ideas.

I hope this triggers some additional responses.
    Dave
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    As I load SCG in as a new security in my test file (QW2014), the prices seem to come in correctly at this point. 

May have gotten fixed; may have been a temporary glitch; may have been something else.  
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Couple ideas.  Possibly you downloaded a transaction or manually entered a transaction for Scana and it's using the price from the transaction (which could be wrong or right price).  Or check the transactions and see if you entered one under Scana but should have been for something else and it's getting the price from that.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This seems to be happening again today - The company is also not showing up when searching for "Scana" on investing.quicken.com.  Any ideas what's happening?  Entering SCG into the Investment Edit screen converts the equity to INDEX:SCG instead of SCG (NYSE).  Thoughts?  I already followed the instructions about changing the symbol to SSSS and deleting quotes then reentering the symbol and attempting to download quotes - no success.
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Rob said:

This seems to be happening again today - The company is also not showing up when searching for "Scana" on investing.quicken.com.  Any ideas what's happening?  Entering SCG into the Investment Edit screen converts the equity to INDEX:SCG instead of SCG (NYSE).  Thoughts?  I already followed the instructions about changing the symbol to SSSS and deleting quotes then reentering the symbol and attempting to download quotes - no success.

Rob, I am not sure if this has anything to do with your pricing issue, but SCANA was just recently bought out by Dominion Energy.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Rob said:

Research says SCANA was merged into Dominion Energy - https://dominionenergy.mediaroom.com/2019-01-02-Dominion-Energy-Combines-With-SCANA-Corporation

Terms of transaction

At the merger's completion, each SCANA share was converted into 0.6690 shares of newly issued Dominion Energy common stock. The conversion resulted in a transaction value of approximately $6.8 billion, in addition to the assumption of approximately $6.6 billion in existing consolidated SCANA net debt.

SCANA's last declared dividend of 12.37 cents per share of common stock is being paid today to SCANA shareholders of record at the close of business on Dec. 10, 2018.

SCANA Corporation common stock has ceased trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Additional information for SCANA shareholders may be found at https://www.dominionenergy.com/investors/shareholder-services/merger-information.

I guess investors will have to update their portfolios in Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.