Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

Add Report Formatting Options to Quicken for Mac (137 Legacy Votes)

smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Reports (Mac)
It would be nice to be able to customize report formatting as follows:
  • ability to change fonts and font sizing on different parts of the report (like in QM2007) image
  • ability to change title 
  • ability to hide title
  • option to 'Shrink Wide Pages to Fit" like in QM2007
  • ability to resize columns
  • ability to add a page break where needed
  • ability to access and adjust these options on the report directly to see the immediate impact
Requests for other formatting options have been added here: (If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.)

If you do not click VOTE at the top of each respective page, your vote will NOT be counted!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any replies to this thread. 
Tagged:
7 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You may also want to add your VOTE to MANY types of reports and report features, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/list-of-requests-for-report-types-and-related-fe...

Go take a look at the list and vote for the ones you want to see implemented in Quicken for Mac.

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of EACH page of THAT request in the list below to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d....

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page each feature, your vote will NOT be counted!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Click on each link above, then be sure to scroll down each page, as some contain lists of related features. Then VOTE on EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    edited August 2018
    And forgot another important feature: be able to re-size columns.

• Tod DickowTod Dickow Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Vote.

Allow custom column widths in reports in Quicken for mac(2017)
  • GarySzyGarySzy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2018 Reports still need work....

Please put ‘report printing’ or ‘output’ high on the updating list.  Reporting should be like Q2007, clean & concise with the minimum amount of paper when printing.  Also, please give users the ability to change fonts, their sizes, and colors in the reports.  Thank you!
  • imabbqrimabbqr Member
    edited April 2018
    Here Here! I've been complaining about reporting on QM ever since I converted from QM2007. My year end report on 2007 would print on 6 pages, QM17 same report...28 pages. Ugh!
  • Karl124Karl124 Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Allow adjust of column size on reports.Would like to adjust the columns width on printed reports.  As it is now when I attempt to print report of transaction the account takes up half the page.  My account names are not that long. The current setup prevents me from having all the info on one page.  Work around is to export csv file and print from Numbers.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Add Ability to Set Default Columns, Sort and Sizes to Account Registers in Quicke....
  • imabbqrimabbqr Member
    edited April 2018

Report customization is key! Page Breaks, Font Size, Column width, Bold & color text options. Report customization should be a big priority with development team.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Add Ability to Set Default Columns, Sort and Sizes to Account Registers in Quicke....
  • imabbqrimabbqr Member
    edited August 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is it taking so long to get some customization for report printing on QM18?.QM18 is great except for the ability to customize report printing. A report that was 20 pages on Q2007 is over 196 pages when printed with QM18!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: List of Requests for Report Types in Quicken for Mac.
  • stanstan Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    merged from "User Formatting of Quicken for Mac Reports"

I used Quicken for Windows for many years before I bought my iMac and became used to having quite a lot of the report formatting under user control. Quicken for Mac reporting could be so much more user friendly with some simple additions such as: making graphs optional; report titles printing on each page (optional); control of font & size; control column widths; and control of pagination. l would like to submit a simple Net Worth Report to show how unprofessional that report looks now and how simple it would be to make it look so much better. Can this be done?

• Woods37Woods37 Member ✭✭
    I used Quicken for Windows before I bought my Mac. There are a lot of features in the Windows version that I would like to see in the Mac version.

Export a budget report to Excell.

Change font on reports especially the budget report. I am 82 years old and have trouble reading the report. Also, be able to change the font colors.

Be able to select the data range for the budget report. Such as Jan 1 thru June 30, not get the whole year.

I don't use Quicken for investing or downloading. Just use it for simple banking and budgeting. It would be great if there was a simple way to start a new year with the prior year categories and just uncleared transactions.

Thank you
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stan and @Woods37 There are "old" and "new" reports in Quicken Mac. The old reports are the ones on the bottom of the Reports menu. They were inherited from the Quicken Essentials predecessor program to the current Quicken Mac, and have little-to-no formatting capability. Over the past few years, the developer shave been working on a new reports engine that gives users greater control over output. These are the "Create…" options on the Reports menu. The new reports overlap the old reports, but aren't complete enough for them to remove the old reports yet. But wherever possible, you should use a new report.
    • All new reports can be exported to Excel
    • You can set custom date ranges, as well as filter selected accounts, payees or tags
    • You can't change the font, but…
    • You can hide and show columns
    • You can rearrange the order of the columns
    • You can change the width of the columns
    • When printing, you can control scaling so the report will be 1 or 2 pages wide
    Hopefully in the next few updates, they will create a net worth/balance sheet type new report so they can start removing the old reports that cause users confusion. It's coming; we just don't know how soon.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993