Add Option to Stay in Edit Mode or Hit Return To Open New Transaction in QMac (46 Legacy Votes)

Options
13»

Comments

• mydearwatson
    mydearwatson Member
    Options

Quicken subscription for Mac in Monterey 12.6.6

As a general rule I'm in the habit of using keyboard commands, not mouse clicks, for everything I can. Moving my hand back and forth between the keyboard and a mouse slows things down frustratingly. That said…

I've just read this conversation from 2018 forward. I'm in the Paul-RI camp when it comes to the Return key, but I'm OK with Command-N as it now works to create a new, blank transaction from anywhere in a register.

What I'd like to see the Return key do, however, is advance to the next transaction when working in a register—not necessarily a new transaction, but selection of the next from wherever I am in a register. Multiple Returns would advance the selection down a next, next, next transaction, and so on, allowing me to navigate within a register. And Shift-Return to go UP to the previous transaction in a register, also a legacy function in many apps.

It would be fine is this were an option in Preferences rather than the default. It doesn't have to be for everybody, just those of us who want it.

BIG on my Quicken wish-list.