Dividend reminders not advancing due date after being entered

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am resurfacing a question that I've asked twice about...and has been raised several times by other users, and it's still not fixed!

From Wolfgang Dimmel, 1 year ago -

"Since an update to Quicken 2015, my dividend reminders once entered
remain on the Bill and Income Reminders page and I have to manually
"skip" them to update the due date.

I now have QK 2016 Premier
and this issue still remains. All prior questions on this issue just
get closed; one can't even add "me too" to show the scope of the issue.

Has anyone found a solution? Surprisingly the dividend tax and
fee transactions associated with the "stuck" dividend, update just
fine.

I am submitting this questions to make users aware that this issue still exists with Quicken 2016."

I too am having the same problem.  Can this be looked into?  And fixed???  Please???

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    If your reminders are not set to (Auto) then you may need to enter them manually or Skip them if they are entered elsewhere.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    How do you set the reminder to "Auto"?
  • PutterFlutters
    PutterFlutters Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Now that I have found this thread... my contribution is more like confirmation/expansion.

Unexpected Bill (Reminder) & Investing Transaction register behavior.

Windows 10 Home

Quicken Premier 2016 R12 (25.1.12.2)

I have a reminder in the Bills section for a quarterly dividend from AAPL.  That dividend arrived at my brokerage last night.  There had been an increase in the size of the dividend and was slightly higher than the amount in the reminder.

I went to Bills/Bill Reminders to enter that change and post.  I hit ENTER, entered the correct amount and hit Enter in that dialog. I returned to Bills/Bill Reminders  but neither the Status “Due” or the Amount had changed.

Having seen this behavior before I went to the Investing/Account transactions register for the brokerage and there was a transaction with the correct information.  The Amt was correct.

I went back to Bills/Bill Reminders selection. The Status & Amount were still incorrect. 

I again hit the Enter button on the Bills/Bill Reminders page for that dividend and got a little dialog 

Is this the payment for the Scheduled Bill or Deposit?

Fidelity Brokerage 5/18/17 23.31 _DivInc

I answered YES and the Status Changed to RECEIVED and the Amount was now correct.

There have been other inconsistencies in this area including Reminders for bond interest that I will write up later.

In a similar situation with bond interest hitting enter and another reminder was created just below the one I was working on... Comparing the two..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recieved   5/17/2017      2692####### ??????Financial Corp         $$$.$$

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done         5/17/2017       2692####### ??????Financial Corp         $$$.$$         Enter-Edit-Skip

Place holders for Bond name & Value

The Enter, Edit and Skip buttons only on DONE line.     

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
     When entering an Income Reminder for an Investment Account, after entering the Reminder on the register screen, it remains as a Reminder and does not cycle to the next occurrence requiring additional steps to Skip the Reminder just entered and confirm the Skip.  This certainly does not match the process for Income Reminders in Bank and other account types.  PLEASE FIX !!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I started this thread, have updated to Quicken Premier 2018.  I am resurfacing a question that I'm asking for a third time...and has been
    raised several times by other users, and it's still not fixed!

I should indicate there is one small, slight change in Quicken Premier 2018...in order to advance the reminder, we now have to select "Ignore" instead of "Skip"!!!

Can we please get someone to look into this and fix it once and for all?????
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I also have reported and burdened by the extra steps required to enter dividend reminders!!!  Please fix.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm seeing the same problem.  Quicken Windows 2017 Premier R13.15.  Windows 10.0.16299.  I have a monthly investment account reminder transaction for recording money market interest.  I do this because the account doesn't support any sort of download into quicken.  I enter the transaction and it remains in the list of bills as un-entered.  I can click enter again and it'll prompt if this is the instance of the transaction I had just entered.  I've also clicked skip to make it go away.  Very confusing behavior.

Sadly, I don't expect Quicken to fix this.  But we can continue to look forward to them doing things like re-doing the bill reminders in 2018 that made sense to no one except I guess the offshore programmers who probably  have no idea what they are even programming?  The blind leading the blind.

Thanks Quicken!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I started this thread, have updated to Quicken Premier 2018.  I am
    resurfacing a question that I'm asking for a FOURTH time...and has been

I
    should indicate there is one small, slight change in Quicken Premier
    2018...in order to advance the reminder, we now have to select "Ignore"
    instead of "Skip"!!!

Please???????
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Continuing my quest to get some action and resolution on this longstanding issue...

I started this thread, have updated to Quicken Premier 2018.  I am
    resurfacing a question that I'm asking for a FIFTH time...and has been

I
    should indicate there is one small, slight change in Quicken Premier
    2018...in order to advance the reminder, we now have to select "Ignore"
    instead of "Skip"!!!

Please???????
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This bug has been reported and is being investigated.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    BULLETIN!!!  I just downloaded the latest patch from Quicken, and started recording my dividend transactions.  Lo and behold, they worked!  No more having to hit skip each time.

Thank you Quicken for finally addressing this issue!!!
  • Terry110
    Terry110 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm glad your problem was resolved, Dave C. I still have it, though. Using Quicken 2017 for Windows, R17.4, Build 26.1.17.4, using Windows
    8.1.  In BILL AND INCOME REMINDERS, when I click ENTER for
    a scheduled transaction
    (dividend, interest) that is tied to a particular security holding in my IRA account or in my Roth IRA account,
    the transaction posts correctly to the register. But the Due
    Date
    for the scheduled transaction does not get updated to
    show the NEXT scheduled date. To get the Due Date to update, I have
    to click SKIP.

This does not happen with scheduled
    Miscellaneous Expense transactions (like monthly fees) that are NOT tied to any particular security in these investment accounts. Nor does it occur with scheduled transactions in banking
    or credit card accounts (i.e, non-investment accounts).

Could this problem have anything to do with the fact that I created
    almost all of my investment holdings using "Add Shares" rather than as
    "Buy Shares"? I did this because I had to totally re-create my
    investment accounts when I bumped up against Quicken's (Quicken
    2013) limit of 2000 different securities. To re-create these
    investment accounts, I just did Add Shares to reflect my holdings as
    of 12/31/16.

• Quicken Premier 2019 Subscription - After Entering a recurring Bill and Income Reminder the transaction is entered as it should be in the appropriate register, BUT THE REMINDER DOES NOT CYCLE TO THE NEXT SCHEDULED DATE. I HAVE TO HIT "IGNORE" TO GET THE REMINDER TO CYCLE TO THE NEXT SCHEDULED DATE. Quicken Admin: PLEASE FIX.