Does quickens premier allow for other investment categories such as small cap value or large cap val

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Does quickens premier allow for other investment categories such as small cap value or large cap value. If so. how to I make the change on quickens?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Within limits of the predefined Asset Classes, yes. If you go into Edit Security Details you'll see that you can define an Asset Class for this security or, in the case of mutual funds, a "mixture" of classes.
    Also decide whether to leave "Download asset class information" checked or not.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Note those limits.  There are 8 predefined asset classes including "Other" and "Undefined".  There is not a selection for "Value" either by itself or tied to cap size.  So my answer would have been:  No.

Premier (sometime after 2014) does offer a connection to Portfolio XRay which will then associate to Morningstar's 9-block grid working from Growth to Value and Small to Large Cap size.  But that data does not directly come into your Quicken data file.  (I have not used the Morningstar XRay tool, so I cannot go much farther than this.)
This discussion has been closed.