$CDN and $US equities in the same account?

Options
Mark McLaren
Mark McLaren Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I'm trying to set up an account in Quicken to track the investments in my RSP. There are both $CDN and $US equities in the account but I cannot enter any equities in $US. Am I missing something or does Quicken not accept a combination of $CDN and $US in the same account? Shouldn't it be able to internally use the daily exchange rate and convert $US into $CDN for report purposes?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sorry, but you can't do that.  Any single account can only hold a single currency, $Cdn or $US ... not both.  Doesn't matter if it's an investment account, banking account, card account, ANY account.  Only 1 currency.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Sorry, but you can't do that.  Any single account can only hold a single currency, $Cdn or $US ... not both.  Doesn't matter if it's an investment account, banking account, card account, ANY account.  Only 1 currency.

Sounds like you are using the Canadian version of QWin. Not only that it seems to be that the historical exchange rates saved in that version are not used anywhere else in the program (according the investigation by another SU here); not on transactions, not in reports, etc. :-\

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.