How can I manually fix ‘Cost Basis’ for downloaded transactions? Everything appears correct but the
All of the initial transactions were downloaded as “Type>Buy". I tried changing the transaction type to “Add shares” but this didn’t change anything on the Portfolio view.
Interestingly, this is a brokerage account. I also have a TDA IRA account set up at the same time which I just realized did set up the mutual funds correctly! I don't know if this is coincidence or a difference in account types. As far as I can see, the Buy transactions in both the Brokerage and the IRA accounts have all the same information so I don’t see a reason that in one account it would work as expected while failing to work in another account.
I have attached two screen shots, for one mutual fund, showing the ‘Buy’ transaction in the “Transactions” view and the matching holding in the “Portfolio” view. I blocked out the ‘Total Cost’ and ‘Value’ of the fund, but they did match as expected.