Blackrock Canada moves iShares fundamental index funds from TSX to Aequitas NEO Exchange

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Download of prices for CLU.C (iShares US Fundamental Index ETF) stopped working in my Quicken Home & Business 2014, Canadian Edition, in mid-February.  After investigating, I discovered the following announcement on the iShares website:
https://www.blackrock.com/ca/individual/en/literature/press-release/pr-2017-2-06-en.pdf
On the surface, one would think that fixing this would be a simple case of going into Edit Security Details and changing the selection in the Exchange field.  Unfortunately, I cannot see anything that resembles "Aequitas" or "NEO."  I tried selecting each of the other currently available exchanges but, as expected, none resolve the problem.  Is Quicken going to publish a fix/update for this or will all holders of these funds have to start entering prices manually?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Hi Mike.  Thanks for raising the issue of support for NEO listed securities within the Quicken environment.  Further NEO listings are planned for coming months, so there will be more affected securities.  Please feel free to visit the NEO Website for data and further info:  www.aequitasNEOexchange.com .

Steve, NEO Market Data

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi Steve.  Thanks for chiming in.  Will someone at NEO be contacting Intuit to initiate discussions around how to enable price downloads for Quicken users or do you rely on the personal finance software folks to reach out to you first?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Mike A said:

Hi Steve.  Thanks for chiming in.  Will someone at NEO be contacting Intuit to initiate discussions around how to enable price downloads for Quicken users or do you rely on the personal finance software folks to reach out to you first?

FYI and FWIW:  My understanding is that Quicken Inc. (Quicken is no longer associated with Intuit) buys the data including daily pricing and historical and asset class data from services like ValueLine and Morningstar.  WallStOnDemand used to be involved.  Quicken, Inc. may still be getting the info through Intuit and its contracts.  So there is a contractual relationship that does not directly involve the new Canadian exchange Aequitas NEO.  Not all exchanges are included in those contracts.  

Not nearly as simple as just tacking on another exchange identifier.  

You may want to explore downloading prices separately and importing through a .csv file.  
This discussion has been closed.