International Market Indexes Selection

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Hi all - I am using Quicken regularly for all of my financial needs... very powerful. But I have one question - I have linked my US investment accounts appropriately and all is working well for these, however I have stock portfolios in my home country (Australia) and although I have created these manually, I cannot use the update feature to bring in current prices from the ASX, and the ASX is not listed in the security indexes available to add. Any ideas - is this at all possible and if not now, is there any intention to include the ASX index securities in future updates? (I want to be able to track the investments and history without needing to manually enter the historical data and current prices all of the time)... thanks kindly in advance!!

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    There is no current capability to bring in data directly from other exchanges.

You may be able to use a package like NetStock  http://www.splitcycle.com/Products/Netstock as a source for data in a form easily be imported into Quicken.  Search this site for NetStock for some of the related limitations.  

Intentions for the future?  Quicken, Inc does not reveal future development plans any more than Intuit did.  My expectation for that type of development would be very low.  While there are requests line this that pop up from time to time, the overall demand seems low compared to the perceived development efforts and ongoing costs to regularly purchase that information on a daily (real time?) basis.   
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    q.lurker said:

There is no current capability to bring in data directly from other exchanges.

You may be able to use a package like NetStock  http://www.splitcycle.com/Products/Netstock as a source for data in a form easily be imported into Quicken.  Search this site for NetStock for some of the related limitations.  

Intentions for the future?  Quicken, Inc does not reveal future development plans any more than Intuit did.  My expectation for that type of development would be very low.  While there are requests line this that pop up from time to time, the overall demand seems low compared to the perceived development efforts and ongoing costs to regularly purchase that information on a daily (real time?) basis.   

I actually think that there would be no development costs.  I don't think Quicken is even aware of the "exchange".  But the real point would be that Quicken Inc has to pay for the data that their service provider gives them.

And so it would come down to could they get enough Australian customers to make it worth it.  Given that they don't even officially support Australia that seems like a very hard sell.  And of course if Quicken Inc starts supporting Australia I'm sure the UK and other countries will want to know why they aren't supported.
This discussion has been closed.