Can't Update Prices in Quicken 2016
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
You should validate
your Quicken data file. It may have become damaged over time or if you ever had
crashes while running Quicken.
Please run this procedure, skipping no steps:
- Make a copy of your data file: Click File / File Operations / Copy. Do not change any Copy Option settings. Save
file under a new name in same folder as current Quicken data file. (The Copy process appears to be performing a
record-by-record copy of the data file and not just a simple binary image copy.
This has been reported as recovering some otherwise not repairable
- Open the copied file in Quicken.
- Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Click Validate File,
check to make sure the copied file is being validated, click OK. Let it run.
- Fix any errors logged as not repaired by Quicken.
- Now close and restart Quicken using this new file and try your failing action
again. If it works, keep using the new file and abandon the old one.
- If that doesn't resolve the issue, you may have no recourse but to restore
your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the
problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you
find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
Before you jump through all those hoops, did you try turning off your Norton AV and THEN try to download quotes.
You may have a conflict with Norton and Quicken. If downloading works then, create an exception in Norton for Quicken.0
Thank you both. I turned off Norton and tried to download quotes but still had the problem. Before I take UKR's suggestion, I want to check something else. This is a new laptop and I transferred my data from my old laptop to this one. I want to see what happens when I try to update quotes on my old laptop. Again thank you both.0