QWin 2017 Premier (R6): Quicken enters total stock sale proceeds as RelzdGain

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken 2017 Premier Ver R6:  In Budgets, Planning, Quicken enters stock sale proceeds for Realized Capital Gain.  The proper Realized Capital Gain is given if I create an Income/Expense by Category Report.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    There was a rather extensive discussion about that very situation on this site in the last few months. Unfortunately, my quick search did not turn it up. Numerous other similar questions did show going back as far as 4-years ago.

My recollection of the extended discussion was that it came down to mis-labeling. They are reporting total proceeds and (as I recall) that was a sensible value to report, but they labeled it wrong as realized gains.

Perhaps someone else can find that discussion. I was not active in it.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    q.lurker said:

There was a rather extensive discussion about that very situation on this site in the last few months. Unfortunately, my quick search did not turn it up. Numerous other similar questions did show going back as far as 4-years ago.

My recollection of the extended discussion was that it came down to mis-labeling. They are reporting total proceeds and (as I recall) that was a sensible value to report, but they labeled it wrong as realized gains.

Perhaps someone else can find that discussion. I was not active in it.

Found the prior discussion I had recalled
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/bug-in-q-w-all-versions-budget-view-incorrect-rl...
    Have not reviewed it in depth this morning, but apparently I was more involved than I had recalled.  

It may be beneficial for you to carry on further in that discussion.  At least for that specific discussion, Quicken, Inc. did "acknowledge" the problem.    
This discussion has been closed.