QWin 2017 Deluxe: investment tab not working or appearing at all, at times

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I just loaded Quicken 2017 Deluxe for Windows. My INVESTMENT tab is not working all the time and doesn't always appear. When I click it when its there nothing happens.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Do you have any investment accounts in your Quicken data file?
    Is that a new installation or did you upgrade from an older Quicken version?
    A few more details would be helpful.

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to
    ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly.

What is the exact
    release number for your version of Quicken?

If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show one of the following you are
    missing required software updates:

Quicken US version:

-
    "2015 ... Release R13",  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2015-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- "2016 ... Release R12", https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- "2017 ... Release R10(or higher)", https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Quicken Canada
    version:

-
    2015 ... Release R5

- 2016 ... Release R6 (with conversion to Quicken ID)

- 2017 ... Release R2 (with conversion to Quicken ID)

Quicken Canada users: Do not download the patch or Mondo Patch files in the
    above links. They apply to Quicken US users only. Instead, scroll down the
    webpage to the Quicken Canada section and download the file hiding behind a
    clickable word "here".

Please do this even
    if you are on the latest release already:

Locate the Mondo Patch file (US)
    or Canada Mondo patch file applicable to your version of Quicken in the links
    above.

Download it and save it to disk.

Temporarily disable your Antivirus software for the entire duration of the next
    step:

- Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click "Run as Administrator"
    to execute the installation program.

This will replace any Quicken software modules with a known consistent release
    level and, hopefully, eliminate any software corruption or errors during installation
    as a cause of this issue.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm new to quicken. I have R10 it shows. I have no investment accounts in quicken yet. I can download the update offered. My investment tab simply comes and goes and I can't open it. I was trying to look through all the tabs. It's the only one that won't work.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

That's probably one of those situations that the programmers haven't fully tested because it never occurred to them that one would not have any investment accounts and then try to explore the investment - related views.

After you've added your first investment account to the file try the views again.

I wish there was an easy way of putting this on the programmer's Honey Do List.

This discussion has been closed.